Future delivery of Public Services

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Future delivery of Public Services

• Author

Liam
    Participant

Cllr Wynn, at one time you were a noted critic of the Wrexham Supporters Trust. What won you round?

PhilWynn
    Participant

@Peterthewatcher 20029 wrote:

Can we all assume that the Wrexham Trust will be made up of the same Councilors who are failing our town at the moment. As a regular at Wrexham Library no one has asked me what I think or if I would like to be a Trust member, non of the staff have a clue what is going on (appalling staff management). You cannot run a community Trust without the community being involved.
    Equally I have a number of friends in the arts community in Wrexham and non of them have been asked to be a part of any development or for their assistance.
    Please can Clr Wynn list who is being consulted as it certainly appears it is not the Community who will be asked to foot the bill in the future or be part of a Management Group.
    Sorry Clr Wynn I don’t think you have got the measure of the Lead Member yet and the manipulations that go on behind closed doors.
    Personally if you don’t get the measure of Lead Members and their officers you would struggle in Westminster as the behind closed door activity is even greater. If he is now delaying until May what is it he is researching, who is advising and how much are we all paying again for consultants. Lets see if you will ask the questions now before the report is even written– when will the report go to Scrutiny or will it go straight to Executive Board!!
    You are being strung along..

Peter – Councillor/Officer membership of any Trust cannot exceeded 20% so if a board is made up of 10 individuals then 8 of them will be selected via the relevant selection process.

The report is due to be presented to the Wellbeing Scrutiny Committee, probably the day before it goes to the Executive Board. Dates are not known as yet.

Your advice has been noted.

Call me a trusting soul but I’m prepared to wait for the right information to come forward in May, rather it be rushed through in April.

Cllr Phil Wynn

PhilWynn
    Participant

@Liam 20032 wrote:

Cllr Wynn, at one time you were a noted critic of the Wrexham Supporters Trust. What won you round?

Liam – I think you mean some of the Trust Board members not the WST. See my comments on separate thread. You were there at the time, living and breathing it. I hope you don’t mind me asking but what were your thoughts on Richard Green’s tenure?

Anyway the future of the Racecourse and getting our club back in the Football League is the focus, not churning over the past.

I have a track record of fund raising for the WST over the years, which I am very proud of.

The current WST Board and Wxm AFC directors are doing a sterling job and our dialogue shouldn’t become a distraction.

Phil Wynn

Ferret
    Participant

@Peterthewatcher 19052 wrote:

Less services = less managers, less staff and yes there should be less Councilors. With fundamental changes to the shape of service delivery by Councils in the future means they should never remain the same and should adapt to their new role.

Fewer fewer fewer fewer.

Ferret
    Participant

@wxm 20020 wrote:

It’s a month since anything was posted on this one, and we talked in the pub last night about the things that are being discussed in Wrexham but always seem to remain the same year after year.

Being very boring, we talked about the services that could be increased, cut or changed, and we came back to the overall budget.

Saturday night must be a blast in your pub.

Ferret
    Participant

Trusts. Ya can’t trust ’em.

wxm
    Participant

@Ferret 20038 wrote:

@wxm 20020 wrote:

It’s a month since anything was posted on this one, and we talked in the pub last night about the things that are being discussed in Wrexham but always seem to remain the same year after year.

Being very boring, we talked about the services that could be increased, cut or changed, and we came back to the overall budget.

Saturday night must be a blast in your pub.

Until Wrexham Council debates the £230m it spends annually, line by line, controlled by about 50 councillors in the meeting and 50 officers day by day (or in industry this would be 1 to 5 people) … the blast in Wrexham will be the continued chuncks falling off the Welsh economy, now indexing at 14 percent less than a decade ago …

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News