Fuel

• Author

asteve76
    Participant

@Danielkg 19090 wrote:

To help settle this and avoid a huge debate, petrol pumps only allow a ‘minimum’ purchase to be dispensed. It can vary and will be on a sign on the pump, have a look next time you’re filling up!

Actually, I don’t drive so wasn’t aware of a minimum purchase.
    But, the issue remains.
    If I purchase 5 litres of fuel, this amounts to 529.5 or £5.29 and half a penny.

asteve76
    Participant

I think, if the amount has to be rounded up or down, because its the government we’re talking about, it’ll round upwards.

Katia
    Participant

Petrol/Diesel could be sold by weight rather than volume then temperature differences wouldn’t need adjustment.
    Years ago most drivers knew the cost of a gallon but if anything like my grandad – he doesn’t have much clue how much a gallon costs now it is priced in litres. So if fuel was sold by the kilo would it matter ?
    In some countries there is legislation insisting fuel deliveries from agents are invoiced by weight not volume otherwise each delivery may cause substantial loss to the service station.

Metalhead
    Participant

Yep, that’s pretty much spot on. From the terminal onwards it’s sold by the litre though and one of them around these parts ships Diesel warm enough to stick a teabag in and make a brew with!

asteve76
    Participant

It seems I’ve raised an interesting issue here, but sadly, there’s been no definitive answer.
    It would be interesting to try this out though. Go to a petrol station and fill up with exactly 5 litres of fuel, go the the kiosk to pay and see what he/she asks for.

AMA Express
    Participant

@Metalhead 19138 wrote:

Yep, that’s pretty much spot on. From the terminal onwards it’s sold by the litre though and one of them around these parts ships Diesel warm enough to stick a teabag in and make a brew with!

I wonder how much it must be costing them to keep it hot ?

Dream on mate. ;)

Metalhead
    Participant

@AMA Express 19477 wrote:

I wonder how much it must be costing them to keep it hot ?

Dream on mate. ;)

One of the terminals based in the North West basically supplies Diesel pumped direct from the cracker plant to the loading bay, therefore this product is considerably warmer than any stored fuel. It’s no secret, in fact some suppliers loading from there are now offering rebates and temperature compensated supply deals as they were losing business to other terminals in this neck of the woods which do not have this issue.

johnhoppy
    Participant

I know the price of fuel is creeping up slowly but this was ridiculous! Called in ASDA to do the weekly shopping yesterday and the price of diesel on the way in way 112.7p/litre. By the time we’d done the shopping and called to fill up the car on the way home it had gone up to 113.7p/litre. That’s what I call sneaky.

zinger
    Participant

The Esso garage on the bypass by Johnstown was only 108,? a litre the other day.

AMA Express
    Participant

@Metalhead 19483 wrote:

One of the terminals based in the North West basically supplies Diesel pumped direct from the cracker plant to the loading bay, therefore this product is considerably warmer than any stored fuel. It’s no secret, in fact some suppliers loading from there are now offering rebates and temperature compensated supply deals as they were losing business to other terminals in this neck of the woods which do not have this issue.

Funny that, because our supplier has only heard of it as a rumour and can’t get anyone to confirm it.

What’s your source.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News