FREE PARKING!!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum FREE PARKING!!!!!

• Author

Councillor X
    Participant

YES FREE PARKING!!!

Has anyone else tired the free parking in High Street yet? You will be lucky to get a place as the loading bays and bus stop are nearly almost full but once you get get a spot you can stay there all day.

I was lucky enough to get outside Wether’s yesterday in time for my liquid breakfast/ lunch and picked it up this morning as I obviously would not want to drink and drive.

Thanks Wrexham Council, a great initiative which will bring more shoppers to the High Street and help out the poor old Market traders too.

How about making it free on the paved area outside the People’s market next so we can support them and the Arts hub and Lambpit Street on a Monday?

99DylanJones
    Participant

Don’t forget you can get free car parking next to the ramp up to the Peoples Market.. don’t use the ramp go to the left- machines have been vandalised.

Clr X – why are you looking for free car parking — don’t you get it free anyway at the Guildhall even when you don’t attend meetings!

Councillor X
    Participant

Clr X – why are you looking for free car parking — don’t you get it free anyway at the Guildhall even when you don’t attend meetings!

My shopping bags are heavy and I only do it on Monday for the market to show my suport, plus i do like a bit of sausage.

dagg
    Participant

The High Street car park was really busy at dinner time, cars were racing up the street to find a empty space.

Councillor X
    Participant

Looks like its back to the Guidhall carpark for me wot with the lines put down in the High Street carpark ….. unless another scrote does over another ticket machine!

Killjoys!

Andy
    Participant

The High Street has been a pedestrian zone for years. There are “No Motor Vehicles” signs at both ends. Why are they not enforced?
    Also why bother putting the same signs at King st, Duke st and Rhosddu Road?

BenjaminM
    Participant

Totally agree with you Andy. The signage was quite clear and specific (except maybe to an idiot) but the problem lies with the traffic wardens (or whatever their fancy title is now) for not dealing with parking issues and the Police for not enforcing moving traffic offences.
    I applaud WCBC for reinforcing the message by the use of a single yellow line on High St. and even an idiot would find difficulty in arriving at an excuse for flouting long standing regulations.
    “Cloak and dagger”? Bulls..t!

BANNON
    Participant

How about making it free on the paved area outside the People’s market next so we can support them and the Arts hub and Lambpit Street on a Monday? Good Idea. Increased = ability to pay business rates.

on the subject of parking. Garden Village Pharmacy has 2 Disabled only parking signs on Its wall.
    Point 1. have they been given planning permission?
    Point 2 if they have, why haven’t council dropped the kerb in front of them?
    Point 3 Is Wrexham the only place in Wales with disabled Tradesmen in Vans and 4x4s -they seem to use these spaces a lot!

dagg
    Participant

Double yellow lines haven’t made a difference on the High Street today.

Parking1
    Participant

Owing to a legal problem High Street area was not enforced. From Mon 26/10 15 the area will be enforced. Also it should be pointed out that businesses in the area have been filling High Street with their own vehicles thereby stopping many blue badge users from parking.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News