Fracking At Borras.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Fracking At Borras.

• Author

zinger
    Participant

Probably because we have run out of other sustainable ideas. In 2050 it is possible that wind power will supply 20% of our energy, likewise wave power. What do we do in the meantime? We get our power from some unstable countries & perhaps we are in panic mode.

rockyrobins
    Participant

@johnhoppy 17158 wrote:

Wrexham has a rich industrial heritage with many coal mines, steel/iron works, breweries, a railway centre, tannery’s…now all long gone. Are we saying now that mineral extraction and industry is fine as long as it is somewhere else, or do we wish to go back to the age of the horse and cart. If the protesters had been around in the 19th century and had their way there would have been no railways, cars, electricity…the list goes on. Like it or not we have to accept that there will be new technologies of which we are suspicious, and we cant insist that all new development is done elsewhere in the world.

Fracking is now being banned in parts of the world where pollution has been a problem, even in that backwards place they call USA

Metalhead
    Participant

For anyone who may be interested this is the report that led to this weeks ban on unconventional gas extraction in New York State. Have only flicked through it myself so far, will read it all when I get chance.

https://www.health.ny.gov/press/reports/docs/high_volume_hydraulic_fracturing.pdf

Sheefag
    Participant

@grandad 17191 wrote:

I wonder what part of the U.K., the C.E.O. Andrew Austin lives. Could it be down south or do you think maybe Gresford. Mmm, thats a tough guess.

Worried he may be a filthy Seisneg eh?
    I’m so happy to see that Wrexham still retains the ‘traditional’ North Walian welcome for foreigners.

johnhoppy
    Participant

Since Wrexham is probably the most Anglicised part of North Wales I presume you must be referring to our English friends who live amongst us Sheefag.

Sheefag
    Participant

Aye, live amongst but in my experience, always quietly resented, as illustrated by ‘Grandad’s’ post.

@grandad 17191 wrote:

I wonder what part of the U.K., the C.E.O. Andrew Austin lives. Could it be down south or do you think maybe Gresford. Mmm, thats a tough guess.

grandad
    Participant

“A filthy Seisneg” A strange post Sheefag , had you been on the sauce?

Sheefag
    Participant

Just reading between the lines, Grandad.
    Your lines that is.

Metalhead
    Participant

@Sheefag 17211 wrote:

Just reading between the lines, Grandad.
    Your lines that is.

Rather than reading between a forum members lines how about asking yourself why there does not seem to be any test drills currently earmarked for the likes of Knightsbridge, Kensington or Notting Hill? Could easily fit one on Hyde Park too, could be untold riches to be extracted from there for all we know. If you fancy reading between some other lines you might be forgiven for thinking that CBM & shale gas only forms under the homes of us Nimby peasants… :rolleyes:

Sheefag
    Participant

Simple economics Metalhead, the land is worth far, far more and the Wrexham land doesn’t have a congested underground network of sewers, power lines, comms cables and a Tube network.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News