Fracking At Borras.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Fracking At Borras.

• Author

JRW
    Participant

@Rob 16845 wrote:

Saying “This video has been removed by the user.” to me

That isnt the usual copyright / breach of T&C’s / abuse notice etc so would imagine whoever put it up has taken it down for whatever reason?

Just as long as there is nothing more sinister at play here?

Rob
    Participant

What was the video?

JRW
    Participant

@Rob 16847 wrote:

What was the video?

It was of the removal of the Camp by Bailiffs with the aid of Police.

Metalhead
    Participant

Was this clip the rather strange arrest of the camps ‘legal observer’ who I believe then wasn’t actually charged with any offence?

Surely if he broke any criminal law he should have been charged for the crime he was deemed to have committed?, if not then he shouldn’t have been arrested at all. Certain bailiff’s seemed a tad heavy handed with him to me, why weren’t they also arrested or are they permitted to get a bit hands on if they deem that to be necessary?

BTW there is another clip of this event (and other stages of the eviction) still up on YT.

JRW
    Participant

@Metalhead 16851 wrote:

Was this clip the rather strange arrest of the camps ‘legal observer’ who I believe then wasn’t actually charged with any offence?

Surely if he broke any criminal law he should have been charged for the crime he was deemed to have committed?, if not then he shouldn’t have been arrested at all. Certain bailiff’s seemed a tad heavy handed with him to me, why weren’t they also arrested or are they permitted to get a bit hands on if they deem that to be necessary?

BTW there is another clip of this event (and other stages of the eviction) still up on YT.

Any links?I ask as a Grandaughter of one of the miners entombed at Gresford posted the link of which I spoke.

JRW
    Participant

Metalhead
    Participant

Think that article actually links to the same clips I mentioned.

There were a quite a few homemade clips of the problems at Groningen in The Netherlands (the story I linked to the other day) on YT until a few months back. I presume there removal must have been a condition of the Dutch government’s compensation deal to the residents effected?

NJones
    Participant

Local company Trade Effluent Services Ltd of Hugmore House, Hugmore Lane, Llan-y-pwll, Wrexham seem to be supporting the drilling work at the site with their vehicles being seen on site as evidenced in videos. Living so close to the site are they unaware of the potential problems should fracking go ahead, or are they considering their profits?

BenjaminM
    Participant

So, NJones, they SEEM to be supporting the drilling work at the site or perhaps they are assisting in clearing up the mess caused by the out of town professional protesters who occupied the site. Either way, they are not, as far as I am able to ascertain, doing anything illegal – just carrying out their day to day business. And if the business is there, take it.
    In the whole matter of Fracking, I am totally ambivalent but I would be really interested to know how many of the local anti fracking lobby actually occupied the site prior to the injunction being served. Or, as is usually the case in protests, make a lot of noise but fail to turn words into deeds and actions.
    I feel sure that someone can supply the answer.

NJones
    Participant

@BenjaminM 16964 wrote:

So, NJones, they SEEM to be supporting the drilling work at the site or perhaps they are assisting in clearing up the mess caused by the out of town professional protesters who occupied the site. Either way, they are not, as far as I am able to ascertain, doing anything illegal – just carrying out their day to day business. And if the business is there, take it.
    In the whole matter of Fracking, I am totally ambivalent but I would be really interested to know how many of the local anti fracking lobby actually occupied the site prior to the injunction being served. Or, as is usually the case in protests, make a lot of noise but fail to turn words into deeds and actions.
    I feel sure that someone can supply the answer.

Yes, BenjaminM, they SEEM to accessing the site which is under 24hr guard by the company the bailiffs appointed with their vehicles being driven on the secured site when a delivery of welfare unit arrived as shown in videos available on the internet. With the company owners living not far down the road at Hugmore Lane, its possible that the owners of Trade Effluent Services Ltd aren’t actually aware of what they are getting themselves involved with. They may get rich from a contract to remove the thousands of tonnes of polluted waste water to one of the 2 or 3 treatment sites in the UK that is licensed to deal with it, and need lots of trucks and drivers to do this, but they may too get ill from all these 600 odd chemicals used in the process.

I was one of those protesters- hardly ‘out of town’, but yes members of the local community were supported by people from all over the UK, who are experienced in raising awareness, and they continue to support us to ensure we have a voice. If you recall the planning for this site was turned down by the local authority and local councillors, and they stand with us to try and get our voice heard.

The meetings are getting attendance of around 150 people and thanks to social media a lot of people are regularly visiting the new camp to supply hardware and food. I suggest you get yourself on facebook and look at the camp, or pop down yourself.

There was no statement to suggest they are doing anything illegal, but it has been documented in the past that the company with permission to drill an ‘exploratory well’ have then gone on to drill further than their permission allowed which can cause problems in the water table. When another local company was told what the site actually was they hooked up their trailer and left.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News