Forum Changes & Guidelines

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Forum Changes & Guidelines

  • Author
    Posts
  • #72954

    CerysHughes
    Member

    @alunh 19772 wrote:

    I note that one or two Councillors have had their whole persona questioned by people not armed with full facts and whilst we can disagree with what many Councillors represent or stand for, I think that there is a line not to cross.

    Please could you elaborate? And what full facts that they were not armed with?

    Thanks in advance.

    #72946
    Sheefag
    Sheefag
    Participant

    @alunh 19772 wrote:

    I don’t like it when I see entries on here that accuse an individual of writing drivel or being stupid, ignorant or blinkered….rather than just countering the point. I think its perfectly fair to absolutely disagree with the point, to counter it with argument, gentle humour, etc…..but a lot of the people who write on here seem inclined to go far further.

    Agreed

    @alunh 19772 wrote:

    There are a few people who contribute to this Forum who don’t hide their identity……I am one of them……..don’t hide their viewpoint……argue their case (right or wrong)….and would hope that the debate remains civilised. One or two others…..who do hide their identity…..think it reasonable to adopt the style of personal attack dogs.

    Again, I agree, there are those here, seemingly incapable of discerning between playing the ball and not the man but is their opinion ultimately any less valid? Apply that rule and the ‘Llay Development’ thread would be instantly closed.

    @alunh 19772 wrote:

    I note that one or two Councillors have had their whole persona questioned by people not armed with full facts and whilst we can disagree with what many Councillors represent or stand for, I think that there is a line not to cross.

    Here is where I part company with you Alun. Anyone professionally involved in politics should be thick skinned enough to take the criticism as it comes and counter it with eloquent argument, if you can’t stand the heat etc.

    #72952

    Captain C
    Participant

    Again, I agree, there are those here, seemingly incapable of discerning between playing the ball and not the man but is their opinion ultimately any less valid? Apply that rule and the ‘Llay Development’ thread would be instantly closed.

    What the hell have you got against members of the public and residents stating their views. You just can’t help your self and perhaps require some professional advice. If you have valid points to make them you have the right to post them but not to keep having cheap digs and making insulting comments on here. That’s the point of this thread to stop people such as yourself trying to take over and divert the subject to suite you own little mind.

    #72935

    Metalhead
    Participant

    I’m still a tad confused as to why there needs to be more moderation on this forum? Can’t say I’ve ever seen anything on here that I felt was unfit for human consumption TBH.

    That’s just my personal opinion, I’m guessing from some of these comments that not all share this view? It’s totally up to the forum owners how they want to run this place, if a Wrexham.com naughty step is really required then fair enough! :p

    #72919

    Saxon1
    Participant

    Again, I agree, there are those here, seemingly incapable of discerning between playing the ball and not the man but is their opinion ultimately any less valid? Apply that rule and the ‘Llay Development’ thread would be instantly closed.

    Looking back at the Llay Development thread, Sheefag you only joined the debate on Page 25, weeks after the blog started. Until then if you read back you can see the varied comments from lots of bloggers, not just Captain C or myself. Lots of valid comments for and against, at times heated and at times witty. To now try to get the blog closed down because you take offence I find amusing. Nobody tried to get it closed down when you were not blogging on Wrexham.com. at that time so why now !!! Just a question I think you need to answer, after you have actually read what went before Page 25.

    I and many many others have our points of view as you have yours but there is a limit to what is deemed acceptable and appropriate.

    #72947
    Sheefag
    Sheefag
    Participant

    @saxon1 19781 wrote:

    To now try to get the blog closed down because you take offence I find amusing.

    Specifically where have written that I would like it closed down?

    #72948
    Sheefag
    Sheefag
    Participant
    Sheefag wrote:
    Again, I agree, there are those here, seemingly incapable of discerning between playing the ball and not the man but is their opinion ultimately any less valid? Apply that rule and the ‘Llay Development’ thread would be instantly closed.

    @Captain C 19779 wrote:

    What the hell have you got against members of the public and residents stating their views.
    You just can’t help your self and perhaps require some professional advice. If you have valid points to make them you have the right to post them but not to
    keep having cheap digs and making insulting comments on here.
    That’s the point of this thread to stop people such as yourself trying to take over and divert the subject to suite
    you own little mind.

    A textbook example of playing the man and not the ball, thanks for illustrating my point.

    #72925
    Alunh
    Alunh
    Participant

    @ceryshughes 19774 wrote:

    Please could you elaborate? And what full facts that they were not armed with?

    Thanks in advance.

    Hi Cerys: I get your point and this is nothing do with your recent discussions which I know absolutely nothing about……hence the no comment whatsoever. I noted a few weeks ago that there was a verbal onslaught on Councillor Wynn and there have been others including Councillor Rogers, our local MP Ian Lucas, and so on. Most things that are stated are usually fair game……but not always.

    #72926
    Alunh
    Alunh
    Participant

    @sheefag 19777 wrote:

    Agreed

    Again, I agree, there are those here, seemingly incapable of discerning between playing the ball and not the man but is their opinion ultimately any less valid? Apply that rule and the ‘Llay Development’ thread would be instantly closed.

    Here is where I part company with you Alun. Anyone professionally involved in politics should be thick skinned enough to take the criticism as it comes and counter it with eloquent argument, if you can’t stand the heat etc.

    I just want to actually thank you for the reasoned response

    #72914
    Chris
    Chris
    Participant

    Saxon1

    Please dont take this the wrong way and I’m probably being pedantic as I know what you mean but this is a FORUM

    The subjects are Threads

    The comments within the Threads are Posts

    A Blog is kinda like an online diary available in most cases for public viewing.

    I really hope I’m not being patronising and please be aware I’m sure there are better definitions of these terms ;-) FWIW I enjoy your contribution to the forum with your postings.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.