Forum Car Parking Proposals

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Forum Car Parking Proposals

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

At £2.50 to park in Eagles meadow for about 10 minutes shopping is an exorbitant amount to pay. I haven’t parked there since they increased the charge. I certainly will though If this scheme get the go ahead.
    We usually come away from M&S with two or three bags and walk over the bridge with them into town.

wxm
    Participant

It looks as if WCBC is not joining up the dots. They can make policy and operating decisions on things they own and control. Reading all these threads, they seem to control most or all car parks?

In joining the dots, WCBC seems to be making decisions and spending money, and then the economy and social needs have changed and moved on …often before the ‘investment’ WCBC has started to see a benefit or return. Investment in bricks and mortar and tarmac around the UK is often for 40 or 100 years.

As a community, WCBC probably needs to join the dots, tell us what we’ll have in twenty years, and then start on the ground today to deliver it. Car parks are a key part of that, of the transport policy, and something the community and visitors alike will measure whether Wrexham is worthwhile.

Alunh
    Participant

I’ve decided to introduce my own scheme which we will be advertising in our window. On my advert I have left space to show Customers how they can take a mobile phone image of their tickets. We will take the cost of the ticket from margin

Wrexham Open for Business Car Parking Scheme

• Snap your car parking ticket onto your mobile
    • Bring your image into the designated shops
    • Get your reimbursement in discount on your purchase
    • It’s as simple as that

Terms and Conditions
    1. The reimbursement (in discount) must represent a minimum of 10% of the purchase value of the item bought
    2. The reimbursement cannot be used in conjunction with other shop offers
    3. The offer may be terminated by the participating shops at any time without notice
    4. Statutory rights are not affected

Rondetto
    Participant

Interesting, but what about people who don’t use cell phones. I know quite a few and they wouldn’t benefit at all. As with most car parks you have to display the ticket on your car.

Alunh
    Participant

@Rondetto 11496 wrote:

Interesting, but what about people who don’t use cell phones. I know quite a few and they wouldn’t benefit at all. As with most car parks you have to display the ticket on your car.

At the moment there appear to be two ways of getting reimbursement in the near future. One will be via those shops who accept the scheme outlined today by Kevin Critchley. This is a big step forward. The other is via any other schemes that come along. My scheme will be for those of my customers that have a phone and we will partake with others in other schemes. Sadly, I can’t do more than what I can do and it is up to others to step forward to widen any schemes on the table

Taffy
    Participant

@Rondetto 11496 wrote:

No matter what you try and do people will find fault with it.

At least Alun is giving something a go.

Rondetto
    Participant

Not finding fault whoever you are. I have a phone and will be able to take advantage of such a scheme, just pointing out that there should also be
    a way that people who don’t have a cell phone can take advantage too.
    Thanks Alun, well said.

zinger
    Participant

Alunh, that seems to be a good way of doing it which doesn’t involve expensive new parking machines being fitted. I hope that it works for you.

wid9999
    Participant

Well done Alunh for at least having a stab at something.
    Which shop is it Alun?

Alunh
    Participant

@wid9999 11512 wrote:

Well done Alunh for at least having a stab at something.
    Which shop is it Alun?

Nice question…….the last time that I put my shop’s name on here, I was accused of um………….aggrandisement!!!!!!!!!!!! by a pleasant contributor who has a biblical name but lacks a biblical manner.

……………………..still………..here goes………..it is Alun Hughes Film music & Nostalgia, Bank Street Wrexham……………..he says putting his trumpet down…..

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News