Former superdrug store in on eagles meadow?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Former superdrug store in on eagles meadow?

• Author

harry
    Participant

New Restaurant Proposed For Eagles Meadow | Wrexham.com

where is the former superdrug strore on eagles meadow?

Taffy
    Participant

I don’t think there has ever been one. Maybe they had planned to open a unit but pulled out before completion?
    The

Rob
    Participant

Its a confusing application as it seems units there are numbered, but some as say 3a then 3 and split again.

Best guess is its going in the closed off space which has the ‘Les Evans’ photo on it – local press photographer saying about 1-0 to Wrexham over Chester :)

Iceman
    Participant

Is it me or is it always cold in Eagles Meaeow ?

Danwxm
    Participant

@Iceman 3072 wrote:

Is it me or is it always cold in Eagles Meaeow ?

Slightly off topic with this… But, nonetheless I shall try answer…

I believe it probably stems from the fact that the layout of eagles meadow creates a sort of “valley” effect, where the wind travels through causing constant draughts

Hope that helped.

angryShopper
    Participant

I’d accept that as a theory, it has that funnel effect, if you go by larger tall buildings, the wind catches the side and heads down to the street, it can be rather gusty,

I think the glass “roofs” outside the shops cut a lot it down, but you still get the tunneling afffect, I was told (can’t remember who by, sorry wayne) that the lack of roof was an idea to promote extra shopers by allowing smokers I can’t believe that, but it’s possible,

JanW
    Participant

I have often wondered why the area was left open unlike other shopping centres that are enclosed. My curiousity is now answered.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

One of the striking things about EM is that it doesn’t utilise it’s position.

It’s raised because of car park underneath, but it’s not south facing and during the day the walkway / circle is nearly completely in shadow (except for greggs & H&M.) How could an architect have dreamt up such a design?

NJones
    Participant

Something to do with being orientated for the view to the church.

angryShopper
    Participant

@NJones 3182 wrote:

Something to do with being orientated for the view to the church.

Yes, It was so it had the view of the church, as nice as that church is, we have to stop building around it, There is some old planning bi law which says nothing can be taller than the church, that will have to be scraped if you want to move forward with the town, get some big office / residential buildings started,

– NB the police station is tall, but it’s build a lot lower, so it evens out

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News