Fog

• Author

johnhoppy
    Participant

Is is not that often we have poor driving visibilty in this area, but when we do I am amazed at the number of cars on the road with no lights on whatsoever, and sometimes driving far too fast for the prevailing conditions.

It costs absolutely nothing to switch the lights on on a car. I can assure you that no bill will be forthcoming from the Electricity Company.

For the sake of yourselves and other road users….’SEE AND BE SEEN’.

cmaj76
    Participant

I had a colleague say to me this morning that he doesn’t use his fog lights as he doesn’t know where the switch is!!

harry
    Participant

its the same people who drive down the bypass at 90mph with no lights on in heavy rain

AMA Express
    Participant

It’s all very well reminding them to switch on their fog-lights. They also need to remember to switch ’em off when the fog clears.

Steve
    Participant

The number of people using side lights this morning was ridiculous. Fog or not, if you think you need lights on put them ON, not the dim 5 watt lamps on the front of the car!

I will upload a video from this morning for my journey to work, maybe once people realise how hidden they are with side lights (or no lights) they will stop using them to drive with? Unless someone has already pulled out in front of them.

beedar
    Participant

I flashed four cars this morning with no lights on at all

AMA Express
    Participant

@beedar 12179 wrote:

I flashed four cars this morning with no lights on at all

Oooooooooooohhhh…………Matron! ;)

harry
    Participant

once again at 7.30 this morning people driving on the 483 in fog with NO lights on at speed. :confused::confused:

plus these annoying twats that drive in the outside lane at speed past the 200 yrds sign in the roadworks and swerve straight in to a small gap causing everyone to brake . Yesterday I witnessed some knob in a van nearly collide with the cones doing this!

Andy
    Participant

Roadworks misery and the congestion that goes with them could be radically reduced, according to the IAM ( Institute of Advanced Motorists ), if UK motorists take on board new advice in the Highway Code published today (28 September 2007).

For the first time, the Highway Code has a rule on “merging in turn” under the section on lane discipline (Rule 134; Highway Code 2007).

“We are pleased to see this as we believe it will ease many pinchpoints at roadworks,” said IAM Chief Examiner Peter Rodger.

“Too often we see a long, empty lane leading up to roadworks, doing nothing, because drivers have been told to get in lane too early. Then there is a tension with people perceived as ‘pushing in’. The new recommendation to merge in turn in the Highway Code will encourage drivers to use all the available lanes – right up to the lane closure – and could make roadworks less of a problem,” he said.

“It will avoid frustration and mean everybody gets through the restriction that much quicker.”

Mr Rodger, a former Metropolitan Police driving instructor, said that the IAM had long campaigned for merge in turn recognition in the Highway Code.

“We are convinced everybody will get through sooner if they merge in turn. If drivers try it, encouraged by the Highway Code, it could be the end to the ‘I’m first, you’re next’ attitude that slows everybody down.

AMA Express
    Participant

Be honest. Do you know ANYBODY who’s read the Highway Code AFTER passing their driving test ?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

News

Wrexham University announce Professor Joe Yates as new Vice-Chancellor