Flying Scotsman coming through Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Flying Scotsman coming through Wrexham

• Author

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=108476]Sheefag, your comment about Liverpool is negative stereotyping.
    I find it offensive!
    Super Scouse.

[/quote]
    Scousers are always offended about something.

Daave63
    Participant

Just been looking at the bumpf that is on the booking form page for the ‘Flying Scotsman – Pullman Style Dining extravaganza that is due to steam through Wrexham in June.

It states : The Flying Scotsman is planned to haul this trip between Chester and London on return journey, all other steam sections of the journey will be hauled by other locomotives.

Our return journey on Wednesday 8th June runs steam hauled along the North Wales coast to Chester where Flying Scotsman is planned to take over the train for the remainder of the journey.

It would suggest to me that the Wrexham return leg is being pulled by anything other than the Scotsman – could be Thomas the Tank!!
    Am I right??

AMA Express
    Participant

The Flying Scotsman will be returning direct from London to York.

Rex Ham
    Participant

Daave63 I suppose you are right in a way. But, when dealing with a complicated piece of engineering which is 90 years old, it’s best to have a plan B just in case something goes wrong. If the Flying Scotsman isn’t available, I imagine the gobs on the passengers who have paid hundreds of pounds for the trip will be a lot longer than those of us standing by Bersham colliery to see the spectacle!

Daave63
    Participant

[quote quote=109492]Daave63 I suppose you are right in a way. But, when dealing with a complicated piece of engineering which is 90 years old, it’s best to have a plan B just in case something goes wrong. If the Flying Scotsman isn’t available, I imagine the gobs on the passengers who have paid hundreds of pounds for the trip will be a lot longer than those of us standing by Bersham colliery to see the spectacle!

[/quote]

Well thanks for that Rex, I was only asking as I wanted to take my 82 year old dad to see it before he runs out of steam and his cogs pop! So does anyone know??

j.davies
    Participant

thanks for that i really look forwad to it

Hugh Jordan
    Participant

Daave 63

I fear your reading is correct. The Flying Scotsman is scheduled to haul the train as far as Shrewsbury on the outbound journey and then to rejoin it at Crewe for the return to London.

So – not near Wrexham.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News

Free Easter Egg Hunt in Wrexham city centre tomorrow!

News