Flanders Poppies

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Flanders Poppies

• Author

zinger
    Participant

The spreading of poppy seeds is a lovely idea to commemorate the soldiers of WW1. I am looking forward to seeing everywhere awash with one of my favourite wild flowers.

Thank you to B & Q for supplying the seeds to schoolchildren.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Lets hope now can have seasonal reminders — yellow dandelions in April on wards to remind us of the time Wrexham Council ran out of funding and the red poppies in Autumn to remind us all of the real sacrifices 1,000’s of men from the area gave with their lives in WW1.
    Hope everyone buys some poppy seeds to raise funds for the British legion

thunderbirdskid
    Participant

Tell me more, not heard of this?

zinger
    Participant

I saw it on Wrexham.com & thought what a lovely idea. B & Q provided the seeds so no cost to WCBC. Flowers, wild or otherwise don’t need to cost the earth but don’t they brighten up an otherwise drab area. If WCBC can’t spare the money to cut the grass, then why not sow wild flower seeds. Wild flower meadows only need to be mown twice a year. Poppy Seed Sowing Across Wrexham For World War One Commemoration | Wrexham.com

thunderbirdskid
    Participant

Great idea, thanks Zinger.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News

Ken Skates outlines plans to improve Transport for Wales services in Wrexham and beyond

News