Fish n chips

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Fish n chips

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

I believe they open about 11am until 6pm but certain days their times alter.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I remember Pleavins from when I was a teenager. I used to have school friends in Brynteg and often went there.

Huw
    Participant

There was no other chippy came close to Pleavins, the queues used to be out of the door and down the road!!

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@Big H 5823 wrote:

There was no other chippy came close to Pleavins, the queues used to be out of the door and down the road!!

Good Friday you would have to queue for ages half way up quarry road. Best ever fish & chips…

Rondetto
    Participant

We had fish n chips from The Pebble on Friday, they do a lightly battered there
    and were yummy.
    When I was a kid there used to be a van going around the streets, Harry Holt was the blokes name. Marvelous chips from him, he would give you some chips for free if you gave him a pile of newspapers.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

Who remembers the chip vans from the Moss?

Taffy
    Participant

I remember a chip can would be parked up on the car park at Leo’s in Gwersyllt.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

There was one in Pentre Broughton that wasn’t too bad but have been unable to remember what it was called. My grey cells are dying through over use!

Rondetto
    Participant

I don’t know whether anyone remembers Gordon chippy, he went round in a van. Had one leg.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Are you making this up? :)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News