Felin puleston Bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Felin puleston Bridge

• Author

Chris
    Participant

Has anyone noticed the mess WCBC are making of this bridge it looks like 80’s stone cladding between two original stones. I cant see the National trust accepting this as its worse than the first effort.
    Whomever has signed the job off at the council really need sacking as they are clearly not fit for purpose.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Agree it looks a mess – what I couldn’t understand is that the stonework that was there looked more than adequate and undamaged. The ‘wall/parapet’ is unlikely to be part of the structure of the bridge as they have built a new one under the old one to take the weight. It i only really a barrier wall — who has taken the old sandstone wall away??
    PS cleaver bit of engineering to build a new one under the old to avoid major closure works etc.

Darlofan
    Participant

Funny I was thinking of that as I crossed it earlier.
    One I thought it’s well behind schedule as only supposed to take 6 months. Then I noticed the cheap looking bricks and thought the whole reason for delays was because it was listed or protected etc. Which I didn’t agree with to start with, it’s a bridge most of which can’t be seen, should have repaired it as quick and cheap as possible. Especially looking at it now!!

Steve
    Participant

I cross it several time a day as I live close by, and I can understand people comments I suspect the bricks will eventually weather to a similar colour?

My concern is the length of time its taking is ridiculous!!!

Previously the traffic lights worked on the sensors, so while this made little difference during busy times as least when it was quiet through the evening and night the light would change as you drove up to them, now they have a fixed time of about 90 seconds regardless of the traffic demand.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News