Fed Up Tired and Scared.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Fed Up Tired and Scared.

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/dec/06/people-are-fed-up-tired-and-scared-the-battle-for-wrexham?CMP=share_btn_tw

The Guardian thinks this is a true reflection of how we feel in Wrexham. How would you describe the people of Wrexham in three words? Generous, helpful and caring are my three.

billycoen
    Participant

This could end up like the Spanish Inquisition..

steveg
    Participant

The media obviously looking for Wrexham to go Tory in order to generate a raft of news articles and comments.
    Coverage like we’ve seen this week becomes self-fulfilling as those shy Tory voters, who would otherwise consider their vote to be wasted, come out in their droves if they think they have chance.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Better, anywhere, else.

parkingmad
    Participant

Tories got my vote.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote quote=177827]Tories got my vote.[/quote]

Only because you’re a racist knuckledragger that believes the Brexit bullshit.

Matt
    Participant

My favourite bit of the article was this:

Hughes… insists she is not racist but rages against the town’s Polish and Portuguese residents, who she claims take jobs from local people

One of the more idiotic statements from this woman.

Definition of resident – a person who lives somewhere permanently or on a long-term basis.

Now we know both the Polish & Portuguese have been established as part of the Wrexham community for decades – so they are locals. We’ve got 2nd & 3rd generations from these communities born in Wrexham Maelor.

So as locals who are they taking jobs from? Themselves? That’s just called job market competition. If she doesn’t like individuals of those nationalities – I wonder what she thinks of people of nationalities she’s not openly allowed to be racist about?

If anyone is complaining about not being able to get a job locally then they’ve been too lazy sat on their backside getting pissed and watching Dickinson’s Real Deal & Judge Rinder all day.

At this time of year especially there’s loads of jobs going.

From my own personal experience of decades of living here this woman is not remotely representative of the majority of people who live in this town. Most people are polite and welcoming of those wherever they come from. I feel like the Guardian article is attempting to make a cheap political story out of this town and probably interviewed countless people with normal moderate views sensible Brexit or cautious remain that they binned off until they hit the jackpot with this Bigot in Chief.

parkingmad
    Participant

[quote quote=177838]

Tories got my vote.

Only because you’re a racist knuckledragger that believes the Brexit bullshit.[/quote]

Ok, didn’t realise that. Good job my Polish relatives haven’t seen this.

DerekJackson
    Participant

The irony of the Eastern European workers coming to Wrexham is it is them that have kept many production lines business going on the industrial estate working side by side Welsh, English and other nationalities. The risk now is that as some of them decide to go back to a home country there will not be enough workers in the area to keep production going and the whole business closes making everyone unemployment.
    Before anyone says ‘our’ existing unemployed will take up the jobs – you must be joking anyone who is serious about work is able to get a job in the area as we have so many vacancies- (more than the number of registered unemployed).
    Any significant exodus of foreign workers will be devastating for business and the provision of health and social care.
    Wrexham like many other areas just does not have enough people with skills to maintain all the necessary workplaces and contribute to the local economy (yes, every one of them will be paying taxes and buy food locally)

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote quote=177840]Ok, didn’t realise that. Good job my Polish relatives haven’t seen this.[/quote]

Having Polish relatives automatically stop you being a racist knuckledragger?

Do fuck off and try it on with someone else.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News