Fast Broadband in Wrexham ???

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Fast Broadband in Wrexham ???

• Author

Elysiumxv
    Participant

@michellecook 3515 wrote:

I’ve had mine installed a little under a month. I’m supposed to get around 34 but have had speeds upto 40. I’ve had no disconnections though. I’m with EE.

@fatlark 3543 wrote:

I live in Wrexham south and until recently used a dongle which sometimes gave me 3mgs. I rang B.T. and they promised me at least 4mgs as they said they had upgraded their equipment, after numerous phone calls and two engineers visiting I now have half a megabyte ( when it decides to work at all ) and a £100 bill for the engineers visit!. I spend most of my time on the computer watching it buffering. to have 4mgs would be bliss. if B.T. had told the truth I wouldn’t be in this ridiculous situation.

Ouch that hurts regards BT charge and the slow Internet connection.

Steve
    Participant

Finally had mine installed today, while I know the speeds will go up and down during the ‘training’ period, much happier for now anyway…..

ADSL2
    2488058847.png

FTTC Infinity 2
    2490878544.png

abidwd
    Participant

@fatlark 3543 wrote:

I live in Wrexham south and until recently used a dongle which sometimes gave me 3mgs. I rang B.T. and they promised me at least 4mgs as they said they had upgraded their equipment, after numerous phone calls and two engineers visiting I now have half a megabyte ( when it decides to work at all ) and a £100 bill for the engineers visit!. I spend most of my time on the computer watching it buffering. to have 4mgs would be bliss. if B.T. had told the truth I wouldn’t be in this ridiculous situation.

I had the same issue in the past, checked teh speed before I moved to a new house, BT operator said they will offer at least 2mbps , I got what you got but with lots of interference ad disconnections.. what i did , i kept reporting faults, obviously those people in India could not solve, therefor BT was charged 13 times Openreach fees.

They wanted me to stick with the contract which they lied about in the first place..

I went to the ombudsman which was even worse and took the side of BT but I won in the end..

NeilT
    Participant

Date on BT site for FTTC has changed for me yet again !!! It’s now showing June 31, 2013. I’m connected to the Wrexham exchange and get around 2mbps currently.

KKOB
    Participant

Had the BT man round to install Infinity last Monday (11th February) . It worked fine for a day and then we lost it all. Spent 2 days trying to get through to someone who could help and was eventually told that the earliest they could get an engineer back to us to fix it would be the 25th.

Apparently there are over 500 households in the Wrexham area either waiting for installation or for someone to go back and fix an installation.

BT = Bloody Tossers !!!

justjojo2011
    Participant

Common theme here. BT. I used to be with BT, back in the day when it cut off at midnight. Was slow and would disconnect all the time. Moved to AOL, thought they were better with their 3mb until we went with the Post Office and got 7mb. Im now with Sky, get 7-8mb with no disconnections and no problems at all. I think the problem everyone is having lies with a crap service from BT. My advice? Change providers

abidwd
    Participant

got it up and running at last..

2522418972.png

Jeffro
    Participant

I changed from sky to talk talk, biggest mistake of my life ! I get 0.24 yeap you hear right, after 4 visits to try and fix they now tell me it my line, but they take my line rental! apparently BT have control and won’t fix it only for BT customers. A trip to Ofcom is on the cards!

jamie-jbit
    Participant

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just been told it won’t be on our cabinet till the end of bloody June now! So it was December, then March, now June! This is a farce.

ChrisZS
    Participant

Told by BT that my cabinet will not be getting FTTC :(

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News