Fast Broadband in Wrexham ???

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Fast Broadband in Wrexham ???

• Author

Born Acorn
    Participant

I checked my line today on the Wholesale checker and then multiple providers to confirm and Fibre has become available up in my end of Coedpoeth. If people are looking to upgrade, keep checking.

Elysiumxv
    Participant

Anyone connected to Superfast broadband near the Holt road area of the town yet ( near ( Greyhound pub )?. I believe December is the target date but just asking if anyone switched on yet ?

Not getting any response from my ISP regards switch on date for SfB in my location

JanW
    Participant

It has reached Llay so keep checking and if you see new green boxes springing up it’s in your area. It is quicker. We have speeds of 30 at the moment.

Born Acorn
    Participant

Openreach – Superfast fibre broadband – Where and when

This changed pretty sharpish, it seems the Wrexham North and Gresford (which covers Llay) exchanges are accepting orders, but Wrexham itself is still “coming soon” with a predicted date of December.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

I’m Thinking of leaving AOL and getting BT Infinity, but it looks a bit pricey.

I understand that it fast fibre optic comes at a price but at £26 a month plus line rental for unlimited, charging line rental on top is a bit greedy I think.

Now my local exchange has fibre optic will other ISP’s provide faster broadband? :confused:

Sam
    Participant

Cracking deal with talk talk, tv plus package.
    £30 a month gets you tv, unlimited broadband & phone (this inc line rental)
    No fibreoptic Available in our area now. Coming soon.

weasel
    Participant

If dial up speed was an animal…What would yours be ?…Mine’s a snail…

Philip Osborne
    Participant

I live in Rhos and I get speeds up to 12mbps – granted noone in Rhos itself is particularly far from the exchange, but there are a lot of homes and businesses packed into quite a compact area here so I’m still impressed by the speeds we get!

Born Acorn
    Participant

Because of the new fibre I can get 36mbps in Coedpoeth, when the advertised is 40mbps! It is quite speedy.

welshyorkie
    Participant

Getting 70mbps with BT Infinity in Summerhill and my exchange is in Southsea but the FTTC is just up the road.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News