Expenses for Councillors and Officers

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Expenses for Councillors and Officers

• Author

Jamsindahouse
    Participant

[quote quote=99614]Until today, I didn’t realise that there were so many little green eyed monsters roaming around Wrexham!
    Jealousy and envy are terrible things. If I don’t get it, why should anybody else attitude stinks.
    Disgraceful!!!!!
    [/quote]

I think you’re confusing jealousy with a concern over the use of public spending.

If you’re happy to pay your taxes regardless of how they are spent that’s your choice.

At a time when local services are closing and pennies are being counted the people in charge should be leading by example rather than claiming back every penny they can.
    Even if it is done legally under the T&Cs of their expense system.

R T
    Keymaster

Rather than take the other topic off track, I would ask BenjaminM what is ‘sensationalistic and inappropriate’ about this story.

A definition of sensationalising a story includes: “(especially of a newspaper) present information about (something) in a way that provokes public interest and excitement, at the expense of accuracy.

I would be interested to know what was inaccurate with the story?

BenjaminM
    Participant

Try this definition for size then:-

“Sensationalism may include reporting about generally insignificant matters and events that don’t influence overall society”
    “Trivial events and matters are sometimes misrepresented and exaggerated as important or significant and often includes stories about the actions of individuals or small groups of people, the content of which is often insignificant or irrelevant relative to macro level events that occur……….and is instead broadcast or printed to attract viewers or readers”

Understand now?

Alunh
    Participant

Ah…yes…..I understand…..you mean like when you BenjaminM reported on a discussion at a Forum meeting earlier in the year……..

I seem to recall the Forum meeting was discussing the idea of holding Markets or Street Fairs on a Saturday and one contributor at the meeting made the intelligent observation that people came to town anyway on a Saturday…… Thinking about this for a few seconds, I actually interjected that it might be a good idea to avoid doing repeats of the Monday Markets on a Saturday but to actually target children and families when the Saturday events were designed.

I seem to recall that the next week you aked Wrexham.Com why they had removed some words from an article on the Forum and suggested quite blatantly that somehow pressure had been exerted upon the reporters to remove said words. You also explained how untoward you found the tenor of the suggestions about targeting families and children….to which Wrexham.Com reported their own interpretation of the same…..that is….they were innocuous….to which you decided to stand by your “opinion”. You also went on….in wonderfully understated words….to talk aboutb the depths to which capitalsim could sink….and so on.

Of course, since that time, the wonderful Nigel Lewis, Andrew Atkinson, Norah Lucas and others have organised the very street fairs and markets that the Forum was discussing….targeting…..families…..who have attended in their droves…..reinvigorating the town

Yes….I do understand now what sensationalising means.

Oh…by the way….the counter to Wrexham.Com’s explanation of word definitions that you gave was pathetic. Your definition was clearly designed with the national media in mind not about local issues. Whilst we don’t normally discuss the ins and outs of the Rhos Carnival Queen on here, it is only a local news forum not the Sunday Politics show

BenjaminM
    Participant

My, my, you have had a busy Sunday in your pathetic endeavours to try and prove me wrong.
    Once again (the third time recently, actually) you have tried to put your spin on what you think that people think they are trying to say. Who do you think you are to decide that a quote is pathetic and decide unilaterally as to what it refers to?
    For the record Alun, I take no lessons from you on presentation or content of my posts.
    I have no desire to join the AlunH appreciation society or indeed, the mutual backslapping club, of which you and several others are classical members. You publish a post, and as sure as night follows day one of them will support you, rightly or wrongly.
    Floridity does not add substance to your posts, far from it, it just makes it more difficult to identify the salient points, indeed if there are any.
    You have made it abundantly clear, there must be something akin to an inferior complex if you choose to challenge virtually everything I post. I do not pretend to be the fount of all knowledge on all subjects discussed, but my opinion is as valid as yours.
    You are very good at pontificating, I’ll give you that, but I for one, do not and will not hang on your every word. Have you ever met an infallible person, other than yourself of course?
    As an aside, I notice that Rob didn’t challenge the definition I proffered, only you. Says something, doesn’t it?

Alunh
    Participant

Biter bit……love it

99DylanJones
    Participant

Come on boys – go and buy a cup of coffee and sort your personal disagreements and get these threads back on track

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News