Evans Shop to close…

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Evans Shop to close…

• Author

weasel
    Participant

Yet another shop to close in Wrexham…..Evans ladies wear is closing in 5 weeks time….:(

DR
    Participant

That’s sad to hear – Bodycare recently relocated from that area as well, so quite a few empty shops down that part of town now :(

janeywxm
    Participant

Yeah, they told most of their customers in July this year that they would be closing towards November. Apparently quite a few of their stores are closing nationwide as they are going to concentrate on Internet sales.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Oh no, I will have to tell my aunt to get down there quick, shes a right heferlump!! Nevermind they can always go to Bon Marche and smell of lavender!

99DylanJones
    Participant

Is this a sign of the times that ‘larger’ ladies no longer want to be seen in a shop that generally has the overall image of providing larger sized clothes and therefore are now shopping anonymously on line or in business that mix ‘large’ and ‘smaller’ sizes in one establishment so no one notices.
    There is lots of retail research on the psychology of shopping and how this can influence when and how a purchase is made.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Sorry?? Can you not speak English Dylan?

zinger
    Participant

I think that he means that ladies who take size 18 & above prefer to buy clothes in BHS, M & S & Debenhams or on the internet.

janeywxm
    Participant

I don’t think anonymity is the issue, Dylan. I think with most shopping these days , it is cheaper and there is more selection online. My husband went to buy a new Apple Iphone 6 the other day from the o2 shop in Eagles Meadow and was quoted £799. It is on sale at the Apple store online for £699!!
    My nephew’s buy their Playstation and Nintendo games from Amazon because high street shops charge between £5-10 more per game!

Ferret
    Participant

@janeywxm 16003 wrote:

I don’t think anonymity is the issue, Dylan. I think with most shopping these days , it is cheaper and there is more selection online. My husband went to buy a new Apple Iphone 6 the other day from the o2 shop in Eagles Meadow and was quoted £799. It is on sale at the Apple store online for £699!!
    My nephew’s buy their Playstation and Nintendo games from Amazon because high street shops charge between £5-10 more per game!

A spokesman writes: “Amazon are able to bring these prices to you due to the unique way we are funded by the British taxpayer”.

johnhoppy
    Participant

@Ferret 16033 wrote:

A spokesman writes: “Amazon are able to bring these prices to you due to the unique way we are funded by the British taxpayer”.

No problem. Luxembourg are getting a cut from the £1.7m we will probably have to stump up to the EU. That should help subsidise Amazon’s Tax liabilities.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Campaign launched to reduce motorcycle-related deaths and serious injuries in north Wales

News

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News