Escaped Turkey In Bangor On Dee

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Escaped Turkey In Bangor On Dee

• Author

KKOB
    Participant

I went through Bangor On Dee around 5.50 on the A525 this morning and saw the turkey by the bridge. It was in almost the same place when I came back that way at about 2pm. I thought there were supposed to be loads of people out looking for it at the weekend ?

Liam
    Participant

I don’t think people know who owns it, if we can get a picture we’re going to try and see if we can help get it to safety as it just seems to be wandering freely around the village.

KKOB
    Participant

Sorry, but what good’s a picture going to do ? :lol:

If someone’s mislaid it I’m sure they’d have noticed by now. :wink:

It’s a young Norfolk Black Turkey. ( I know that because we had a flock of them when we lived IN Turkey.) So you could use any photo of one from the www.

The Mrs says I’m a bit of a Wrangler. I think that was the word she used.

Liam
    Participant

That’s some impressive turkey knowledge right there!

Fair point re: the picture, it must be a local farmer so seems odd that no-one has alerted them or they haven’t found it.

KKOB
    Participant

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it belongs to one of the farms close to the road and they just let it roam. Ours used to leave their roosts early in the mornings and often didn’t come back until the evenings when they were hungry or thirsty. I bit like me when I was a kid. :lol:

Of course, there’s always the possibility that it’s come from Halghton Holdings and they haven’t noticed it’s missing yet. It’s not a huge distance from there across the fields to BoD.

It might be worth your while giving them a call.

Simon
    Participant

@Liam 1110 wrote:

That’s some impressive turkey knowledge right there!

Fair point re: the picture, it must be a local farmer so seems odd that no-one has alerted them or they haven’t found it.

Asking a local turkey farmer to recognise a missing turkey must be like asking someone find the proverbial needle in a haystack :confused::D
    Perhaps he/she doesn’t know that one has flown the nest? If you’ve got two thousand flippin’ turkeys in a barn are you really going to miss one? :rolleyes:
    It’s a good job only one seems to have made the great escape.

California+Turkey+Farm+Raises+Mainstay+Thanksgiving+8yn8yAQNKtFl.jpg

Liam
    Participant

It’s becoming a local celebrity although not of train pony standards.

KKOB
    Participant

It was still at the same spot at around 5pm tonight.

paul bearer
    Participant

Where’s Bernard Matthews when you need him?

KKOB
    Participant

Ermmmmmm………………..Dead.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News