Enough Warning ???

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Enough Warning ???

• Author

Sam
    Participant

Somehow, I feel that if you lived in the Wrexham area over the last couple of weeks, you’d be hard pushed to miss the two events that have hogged the headlines locally, Wrexham FC @ Wembley & snow.
    I wonder if the local authorities can comprehend that this snow is going to melt, and when it does, river levels etc will raise.
    “Be Prepared” ?
    We’ll see, and I hope that in the not to distant future we see applause for the handling of the situation.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I reckon the council do a fair job in adverse weather conditions. The main roads are clear and if we can’t drive our car off the estate we can walk to the main road and catch a bus, providing they are running of course.

I am not sure what the council can do to stop the rising water levels apart from the usual of issuing sand bags etc. Water is one of the most destructive of nature’s forces and unstoppable. With the ground already waterlogged with rain water I think it’s inevitable that some will suffer then the thaw starts.

wrexview
    Participant

A gentle thaw is what we need otherwise there will be floods with this amount of snow !

Sam
    Participant

Obviously, the authorities can’t stop water levels rising, but I always feel that their is that knee jerk reaction to a lot of problems. It’s like these forewarned events come as a suprise !

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Perhaps they don’t listen to the weather forecast so are taken by suprise !

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News