Election Survey

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Election Survey

• Author

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

No surprises, I could put a red ribbon on my cat and he’d get voted in. Politics has become a religion, people will vote the way they always have or the way their parents did regardless of policy or how many times a party has destroyed the economy.

99DylanJones
    Participant

A miracle has happened nearly 98% of people in Wrexham see going to vote! Realise this is not statistically correct as Forum members are not true reflection of population but good starter.

moggsie
    Participant

[quote quote=92742]No surprises, I could put a red ribbon on my cat and he’d get voted in. Politics has become a religion, people will vote the way they always have or the way their parents did regardless of policy or how many times a party has destroyed the economy.

[/quote]

Well, I’m voting (New) Labour. I’ve always voted Labour. But the reason is to keep the Tories out, not because (New) Labour will make the difference I would like. Conviction politics is dead – now it’s just a question of damage limitation. People who are considering splitting the vote by going Green or UKIP are handing it to the Tories on a plate.

R T
    Keymaster

Its a best effort poll – we did look at some demographic stuff or even commissioning one formally however the costs involved are huge. Previously the method for the euro elections appeared to work, but there is always the argument that a stopped clock is right twice a day etc!

moggsie
    Participant

99DylanJones
    Participant

Has anyone seen the numbers of potential electors for Wrexham and South Clwyd– with more than 10% of population being Polish, Portuguese or other migrants then the numbers will be crucial as most are unlikely to be eligible.
    Regarding the comments about splitting the vote by voting UKIP or Green will let Conservative in — there is probably a greater chance that Plaid will slip into the lead instead.
    It is clear there are no certainties and so many local candidates across the UK are going to be dependent on how the media reflect their Party Leader on TV- local leafleting is so old fashioned and I am astonished that any candidate thinks that a leaflet through someones letter box will make any difference– all that will happen is the recycling levels will go up on bin day! All Parties need to wake up to the use of technology and the more crucial personal contact– be brilliant to have a soap box on Queens Square or Eagles Meadow with all candidates speaking direct to their electorate and being challenged on the spot rather than orchestrated events.

moggsie
    Participant

Dylan : you’re absolutely right of course. I meant Plaid & not Green.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=92752]All Parties need to wake up to the use of technology and the more crucial personal contact– be brilliant to have a soap box on Queens Square or Eagles Meadow with all candidates speaking direct to their electorate and being challenged on the spot rather than orchestrated events.

[/quote]

There have been a couple of candidates in town doing similar over the last couple of weeks – megaphone style in the street prominence.

To me this type of stuff should be happening all the time rather than just every few years!

moggsie
    Participant

Our parliamentary candidates are obviously consummate time managers ?

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

It would be really good to see if the candidates would start their own threads so we can engage with them. Pity Phil Wynne is not taking part at least he has started to use these Forum threads to communicate.
    The Gauntlet is down to every candidate in Wrexham and South Clywyd– lets see what level of bravery they have.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News