Election Canvassing

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Election Canvassing

• Author

janeywxm
    Participant

Has anyone actually had a representative from any of the parties knock on their door? For the first election ever nobody has visited the area I live. I know there is still time but it is still surprising!

Janey

wrexview
    Participant

No and didn’t in 2017 either !

jimbow
    Participant

Yes Mary Wimbury in person called to ask for our support .

DerekJackson
    Participant

I bought mince pies especially for a candidate but no one has come so will keep for the real bearer of gifts and good cheer as I know he will call on Christmas Day!

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Unfortunately not. As I was looking forward to throwing back all the crap they have been posting for weeks and gleefully shutting the door in one of their two faces.

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

None of the parties have enough members to go door to door. It is easier to contract it out to facebook etc using their advertising budgets.

Slamming doors in people’s faces achieves nothing. We need more public discourse rather than watching from afar political leaders talk to the converted or bored journalists.

Conservatives – a party whose claim to GET BREXIT DONE will go the same way as “die in the ditch”, “Brexit is Brexit” and “Strong and Stable” when it meets the reality of international politics and economics.
    Labour – a shadow cabinet of well meaning but mediocre student politicos who never grew up led by a party leader whose attitude on the biggest issue,Brexit, is contrary to that of nearly all his party’s activists. He prefers the purity of opposition and campaigning to the realities of government. In all likelihood he will get to enjoy being pure for another five years.
    Plaid Cymru – claim to be different to the others however their USP is that they choose different scapegoats on which to blame our woes.
    Brexit party – identikit version of Plaid Cymru for people with similar mindsets who happen to grieve over the loss of imperial weights and measures rather than Tryweryn.
    Lib Dems – seem so traumatized by the experience of being in government 2010 – 2015 that they appear determined never to be in a relationship, sorry, government again. Bizarrely decide on policy to just pretend the 2016 referendum never happened.
    Green Party – green is in the Welsh flag but you wouldn’t know it from our politics. When you see politicians clamouring for tolls on the Severn Bridge to be scrapped to encourage more vehicle journeys, you know that the environment matters little and declarations of a climate emergency are all talk and too little action.
    Ballot papers should come with a health warning – Voting for these people could seriously damage your health and a lot more besides.

Sheefag
    Participant

I’ve had Wingetts at the door trying to persuade me to sell my house and a nice lady from Slimmers World who called me a fat bastard.
    Unsure which to vote for, mind.

TimRegency
    Participant

[quote quote=178042]I’ve had Wingetts at the door trying to persuade me to sell my house and a nice lady from Slimmers World who called me a fat bastard.
    Unsure which to vote for, mind.[/quote]

If I were you, I’d go for the lady from Slimmers World.

TimRegency
    Participant

[quote quote=178041]Labour – a shadow cabinet of well meaning but mediocre student politicos who never grew up led by a party leader whose attitude on the biggest issue,Brexit, is contrary to that of nearly all his party’s activists. He prefers the purity of opposition and campaigning to the realities of government. In all likelihood he will get to enjoy being pure for another five years.[/quote]

Even if all of these highly original thoughts were true, I think it’s better to have ‘well meaning’ fumblers in Government than a bunch of Tory psychopaths.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=178044]

Labour – a shadow cabinet of well meaning but mediocre student politicos who never grew up led by a party leader whose attitude on the biggest issue,Brexit, is contrary to that of nearly all his party’s activists. He prefers the purity of opposition and campaigning to the realities of government. In all likelihood he will get to enjoy being pure for another five years.

Even if all of these highly original thoughts were true, I think it’s better to have ‘well meaning’ fumblers in Government than a bunch of Tory psychopaths.[/quote]

JC’s party activists (plp members) have and are the problem as far as I can see, in that they cocoon the leader into thinking that all is well with his policies etc, where as in reality a lot of traditional life long Labour voters think nothing of the sort.

Something the same as happened with Brexit outside of the London bubble.

We shall see by tomorrow.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

News

Wrexham University announce Professor Joe Yates as new Vice-Chancellor