Election Addresses – Read or Bin ?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Election Addresses – Read or Bin ?

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Read.

Rondetto
    Participant

Bin

Sheefag
    Participant

Wipe.

AMA Express
    Participant

Burn.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Recycle! There will be tons of recycling.
    Why these budding Politicians don’t realise that no one reads the leaflets- getting out there and speaking with people has more impact.

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=111252]Why these budding Politicians don’t realise that no one reads the leaflets- getting out there and LYING to people has more impact.[/quote]

Fixed that for you.

Katia
    Participant

Typical how the announcement of the proposed Circuit Of Wales MotoGp “difficulties” were announced yesterday so nobody in opposition could challenge Labour about the money thats been “invested”.

Vote for Labour – no.
    Vote for Plaid – no.
    Vote for Liberals – {shrug} no.

Vote for Conservatives – oh go on then, remember to freeze Council Tax mind.

Cymrodor
    Participant

Read.

Also have a look at their manifestos. Attend hustings. Ask them questions. Take advantage of any opportunity of direct communication with candidates and parties.

The media has so much influence, interests and their own agendas, it would be unwise to form views based on their portrayal and selection of “news”.

I have great respect for a couple of candidates here in Clwyd South, but some don’t even answer questions about policies that affect my family. One doesn’t live in the area and I know almost nothing about another as she doesn’t appear to meet with or speak to the public. They want to represent you and I, so it’s worth engaging directly with these people.

wrexview
    Participant

There are no proper hustings anymore , it’s all apply for tickets , submit questions before hand and no interaction with the audience. In days gone by politicians were not afraid of a bit of heckling or a frank exchange of views and very often turned it to their advantage.

wrexview
    Participant

Some of the leaflets make interesting reading, imagine a Plaid Cymru , Conservative coalition in the Assembly ( I did say imagine !) Plaid promises amongst other things to having a 1000 additional doctors and 5,000 nurses, pay off £18,000 of debt for students who work in Wales after graduating, a cut in business rates and more public contracts to go to Welsh companies. The Conservatives will set a cap on costs for the elderly and protect £100,000 of assets for those in residential care , together with free child care for 30 hours per week ensuring affordable and accessible support for families. Promises which together appeal to a wide age range of the electorate!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News