Egerton / King Street Regeneration

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Egerton / King Street Regeneration

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

What has been done under the Vibrant and Viable money so far and what else is in the pipeline ?

NJones
    Participant

Similar paving in Grimsby causing some problems. Glad its just pavement in Wrexham:
    Horrific injuries suffered by grandmother, 74, who fell on new patterned pavement | Mail Online

99DylanJones
    Participant

Have you seen the nice new sandy effect on the pavements– looks like they are doing snagging. Still not seen anyone filling in the pothole that is already in the road by the entrance to the Careers Wales office. I know what I would do if a hole appeared in work I paid for in 9 months! This is a disgrace and the contractors should be back asap.
    Perhaps the sandy pavements are Wrexham’s answer to the Queens Square beach!!

justjojo2011
    Participant

I saw them doing that last week and was completely baffled as to why they would be brushing sand up and down the road. Seemed like a waste of sand and man hours to me.

@99DylanJones 13604 wrote:

Have you seen the nice new sandy effect on the pavements– looks like they are doing snagging. Still not seen anyone filling in the pothole that is already in the road by the entrance to the Careers Wales office. I know what I would do if a hole appeared in work I paid for in 9 months! This is a disgrace and the contractors should be back asap.
    Perhaps the sandy pavements are Wrexham’s answer to the Queens Square beach!!

Mike Davies
    Participant

@justjojo2011 13643 wrote:

I saw them doing that last week and was completely baffled as to why they would be brushing sand up and down the road. Seemed like a waste of sand and man hours to me.

If the paving was laid on a dry surface, it needs sand brushing between the slabs. Maybe they have settled slightly and this may be part of required maintenance after a set time.

wrexview
    Participant

Surely sand would just wash away?

BenjaminM
    Participant

For as long as I can remember, the joints in block paving have always been filled with sand, usually silver sand. Nothing unusual or remarkable in that.

wrexview
    Participant

Presumably sand is used because blocks are small and pointing them with mortar would be difficult and very time consuming. Larger paving stones might have been a better solution as they would cost less to maintain in the long term. The ongoing maintenance cost will be an additional annual cost to the Council and ratepayers.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Nice off the top of your head comment that contains little or no bearing on the actual facts of the matter. Not totally, but virtually maintenance free. So where is the additional cost?

99DylanJones
    Participant

If this is settlement maintenance then that is fine– even though when the slabs were layed they had sand put in them so this is second time in only 9 months. Still does nit explain why the hole in the road has still not been fixed by Careers Wales office — it is now nearly 12in x 9in x 3 in deep — this surely is not the sign of good work we have not even had a bad winter.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News