Earthquakes In And Around Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Earthquakes In And Around Wrexham

• Author

Rob
    Participant

There has been two tremors earlier this morning to the West of Wrexham in the Irish Sea – https://www.wrexham.com/news/38-earthquake-hits-north-wales-wrexham-unaffected-32491.html .

Speaking to a few people a couple have been mentioned – but I remember being in School in what must have been the late 80’s or early 90’s and feeling a quake. However googling it does not show any ‘big’ ones that were at normal times – so couldnt have been that!

Can you remember that or any other quakes?

wrexview
    Participant

There was one in the 90’s , I was sitting at the kitchen table and the floor shook and china rattled, it was over in a few seconds before I really knew what was happening.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    wrexview;6595 wrote:
    There was one in the 90’s , I was sitting at the kitchen table and the floor shook and china rattled, it was over in a few seconds before I really knew what was happening.

april 2nd 1990.

Rondetto
    Participant

I remember the one we had in the mid 80’s. The whole house shook, I thought it was a huge lorry at first or a plane crash.
    A few years ago we were on holiday in Zante and in the early hours quite a big earthquake occurred, I fell out of bed as the entire building shook. Only realised what it was in the morning when everyone was talking about it at breakfast.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Today’s damage…

600441_10151719955887625_711779323_n.jpg

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

More damage quake.gif

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I remember the one in the 80’s. My wardrobe shook! That’s it I’m afraid, I felt nothing last night expect my mattress and pillow :)

Rob
    Participant

@Wrecsam_lad 6612 wrote:

More damage quake.gif

Shocking scenes!

Rondetto
    Participant

I don’t think we’ve ever had one with an epicentre i the Wrexham area.

Kylie
    Participant

I remember perhaps late 90’s there was some kind of tremor, I woke up in the middle of the night and my bed was shimmying into the centre of the room. Of course I assumed I was dreaming and went back to sleep. I often wondered if it felt worse because our house was pre-fab and if you pushed it too hard it might have fallen over.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News