Eagles Meadow

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Eagles Meadow

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

I walked through town today past all the closed shops and still dirty streets that are in the main town, and went down as far as Eagles Meadow for the first time in a while, and whilst I know EM has its faults location/car parking charges which are still scandalous etc.

But once you go over that bridge (in fact as you walk over it) you notice the difference in the way it is kept, I couldn’t even see a fag end never mind any litter, chewing gum and the likes that cover the rest of the town, it would be a great start in attracting people back into the town if it were kept as neat and tidy as Eagles Meadow so on that front well done Eagles Meadow..:)

and Wxm Council my views have many times been aired on here !!

Oh and also called into the public toilets as you go over the bridge and they were also immaculately clean.

123windows
    Participant

I worked as a cleaner on Eagles Meadow for 6 months, finishing earlier this year. The shopping centre is cleaned by a contract company called Andron FM. The toilets are cleaned on an hourly basis and there will always be at least one member of staff out sweeping the plaza at any one time, on busy days there will be two or three staff members on litter patrol.

Rondetto
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more with the poster. IN fact I have mentioned this before, High street is an eye sore, with chewing gum galore on the pavements. This morning there was vomit there too. The town centre is disgusting
    and we can only blame the council for this. Eagles Meadow is an example of how to keep a place clean and tidy.

woogleeye
    Participant

Wrexham council leadership (the small minority that dictates how it is run) so magnificent but only in their own eyes and minds.

Liz Jackson
    Participant

Rondetto your factual!! statement about the mess and vomit in High Street seems very wide of the mark — are we now saying the Council are paying for people to vomit and drop litter.
    The Council may be responsible for the cleaning but they ceratinly are not guilty of creating it in the first place- that honour goes to our nightime revellers all of wholm a re paying to get into their drunken states in the pubs and clubs of Wrexham — should these establishments not be held responsible for evening clean up. Also why aren’t the ‘Litter Brigade’ operating at night?

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=120528]Rondetto your factual!! statement about the mess and vomit in High Street seems very wide of the mark — are we now saying the Council are paying for people to vomit and drop litter.
    The Council may be responsible for the cleaning but they ceratinly are not guilty of creating it in the first place- that honour goes to our nightime revellers all of wholm a re paying to get into their drunken states in the pubs and clubs of Wrexham — should these establishments not be held responsible for evening clean up. Also why aren’t the ‘Litter Brigade’ operating at night?

[/quote]

In REPLY

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

Alunh
    Participant

It is very important that we praise good practice within the town and it would appear that Eagles Meadow are getting this issue right. Credit must be given where it is due and the management and staff of the centre need their dues.

It is difficult to assess the way in which the town itself compares and it is difficult to know how the problems facing those charged with keeping the place clean stack up against Eagles Meadow. Given the nature of the night time economy, I suspect that we are comparing Oranges and Apples.

What I do know, however, is that whilst I was a Market trader in the Peoples Market, the approach to keeping the place clean and fit for purpose was disgraceful. Thankfully, this now seems to have been addressed and I note the level of work being put into this centre. Unfortunately, the 7 years that I was a unit holder in the Peoples Market up until 2013 witnessed a gradual lessening of its viability and those who were in charge in that period were guilty of organisational incompetence of a gross kind. There was indeed little organisation on show and a culture that would just not be tolerated in the private sector. I trust that this has now ended and perhaps Eagles meadow used as a template

asteve76
    Participant

[quote quote=120501]I walked through town today past all the closed shops and still dirty streets that are in the main town, and went down as far as Eagles Meadow for the first time in a while, and whilst I know EM has its faults location/car parking charges which are still scandalous etc.

But once you go over that bridge (in fact as you walk over it) you notice the difference in the way it is kept, I couldn’t even see a fag end never mind any litter, chewing gum and the likes that cover the rest of the town, it would be a great start in attracting people back into the town if it were kept as neat and tidy as Eagles Meadow so on that front well done Eagles Meadow..:)

It seems that the thing people said was going to happen when eagles Meadow opened, is happening now, for perhaps different reasons.
    Shops thriving on the new shopping precinct, while the town centre slowly shuts down.
    Look at Henblas St, literally a handful of shops still in business and most one side of the street totally empty.

and Wxm Council my views have many times been aired on here !!

Oh and also called into the public toilets as you go over the bridge and they were also immaculately clean.

[/quote]

janeywxm
    Participant

I agree that Eagle’s meadow is clean compared to town but I have a real problem with all the smoking on the top level near the Odeon.The top of the steps through to ten pin bowling is awful. You can’t walk along there without having smoke blown in your face and the smoke stench is horrible.
    I hate walking along there with children and as a non smoker find it very unpleasant. The shopping centre should be made non-smoking or they should have a separate smoking area.

Janey

asteve76
    Participant

It is my understanding that smoking near public entrances to shops is prohibited. I’m not sure of the exact distance a smoker must be from said entrance but the shop owners must sort this out.
    I’ve had similar experiences in Chester, on the corner of Bridge St and Eastgate St up in the rows. But instead of smoke, a whiff of piss fills the air.
    I’m not sure if this is still the case but I’ve experienced it more than once before.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News