Eagles Meadow Roundabouts

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Eagles Meadow Roundabouts

• Author

Danielkg
    Participant

I get so so frustrated by the way people use the Eagles Meadow roundabouts;

Firstly on the one by Halfords and the fountain steps…People always stop on the roundabout to let somebody out or wait to pick somebody up; would you do that on the Tesco roundabout!? I think not

Secondly the roundabout for the entrance to the red zone car park and Anise…the left lane is for the car park and ahead towards the people’s market way. The right hand lane is for ahead to Tesco and right towards Caia Park – So many people get in the left lane then cut across into the right lane for Tesco. Read the road people it’s not rocket science

KKOB
    Participant

Thanks for that. I’m sure that’ll make a big change to the way that everyone drives in Wrexham. ;)

Rob
    Participant

@Danielkg 3417 wrote:

Firstly on the one by Halfords and the fountain steps…People always stop on the roundabout to let somebody out or wait to pick somebody up; would you do that on the Tesco roundabout!? I think not

I have come out of the Eagles Meadow carpark before by there and had someone stop infront of me and pop on their hazards while going around the roundabout.

The development needed a bus drop off spot and car pick up spot or adapt whats there to make one.

Its the same outside of Debenhams opposite the bingo, cars stopping there can back up the traffic in a big way.

Andy
    Participant

When EM was being constructed, I said to many people ” You watch! They will not build a drop off/pickup point anywhere around it.” And they didn’t! It’s illegal to stop and alight passengers anywhere around EM. There are “No loading at any time” double pavement stripes all the way round. The Police are enforcing this at times.
    Also, the Carpark little Hitler has banned all Taxis from picking up/ dropping off in the -1 level carpark as “They are a hazard!”

wrexview
    Participant

You are right , there is not even a proper bus stop where a bus can pull off the highway. When the bus stops at the bus-stop by Debenhams it blocks the traffic on the highway every time . Who do you blame, the developer for using every last inch for retail or the planning authority for allowing a 21st Century development to go ahead without provision for buses , coaches and taxis?

pete
    Participant

It’s not like there’s a shortage of space where the buses drop off, they could make the big paved area a bit smaller to allow buses to pull in off the road.

I wonder if there were plans for a bus layby, but someone decided if the buses pull in off the road nobody would let them out again if it was busy.

Perhaps there should be a peak time bus lane on the 2 lane section? Traffic copes with 1 lane at the moment in the rest of the area.

zinger
    Participant

Wasn’t there a big argument a while ago because they put a pay & display car park on land that was gifted to the people of Wrexham. I suspect that the paved area could have been a sweetener to the small shops there for the authorities taking away common land. I may be wrong however.

johnnytv
    Participant

I attended a town centre forum meeting over 2 YEARS ago when the council said they were aware of the parking on the roundabout by the fountain and the problems it was causing and that measures were going to be put in place to stop it from happening.

Another job well done!

zinger
    Participant

The only people that I have seen parking there are the police I’ll be honest. I have seen people being dropped off & picked up which to be honest has never caused me a problem. I think that there should be designated 10 minute drop/pick up areas for elderly people & people with young families anyway. As a carer/driver, I have many times had to drop off an elderly relative as close into town as I can, then gone to find a car park, walked back & then done the reverse. I am also a senior. Not everyone abuses the blue badge scheme.

NJones
    Participant

I’ve seen people pull up at a green light on the crossing by Debenhams to drop people off. People then began to cross the road while traffic was coming down the second lane. The council need to sort something out.

I’m also aware that my sons school went to the cinema a while ago using two coaches. The coaches had no other location to drop off near the cinema so pulled up on the road by Debenhams and both got booked.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News