Eagles Meadow car park charges

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Eagles Meadow car park charges

• Author

dewi73
    Participant

Tesco aren’t stupid, it’s a great business decision allowing free parking. Everyone has to pass the store on the way into town and they make full use of all the passing trade. Even the petrol station must benefit from the passing motorist using the car park.

Darlofan
    Participant

@dewi73 15895 wrote:

Tesco aren’t stupid, it’s a great business decision allowing free parking. Everyone has to pass the store on the way into town and they make full use of all the passing trade. Even the petrol station must benefit from the passing motorist using the car park.

Spot on there, I use Tesco quite often when quickly going to the bank, drop kids off at cinema etc and 9 times out of 10 pop into Tesco to pick something up. Did this at weekend and was planning on filling up with diesel at sainsbury on the way home. As I was in Tesco I filled up there instead.

Tesco aren’t bothered until they are completely full and customers have to go elsewhere. Otherwise they’d have a system where you had to show receipt etc to get out or pay then get it refunded off your shopping.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

I will freely admit that on Sunday I parked at Tesco, went in store for Pop and Pick’n’Mix and THEN took my Son and Nephew to the Odeon to see Ninja Turtles. Aftet the film finished we popped back in store to pick up the ‘few’ chilled items I needed to buy.

wrexview
    Participant

There are three cars parked on the pavement by the Tesco Roundabout today doing a traffic survey. Wonder what they are trying to find out ? Some of the congestion on that roundabout would be alleviated if Tesco always had their rear entrance open.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

Wouldn’t be so bad if Vinci threw in a full car valeting as part of their parking charge’s.

Rondetto
    Participant

True, for £5 you can park and have your car washed at Asda and Sainsbury’s.

Katia
    Participant

Interesting conversation overheard on D1 tonight. TESCO reacting to EM parking fees going up tomorrow by thinking about copying Aldi’s use of Parking Eye or similar, whereby at some Aldi stores customers have to key in their vehicle registration number at checkout or risk a parking invoice.
    TESCO using Clubcard at tills for same purpose to save customers having to enter details manually, something Aldi can’t do as they don’t use loyalty cards.
    Hmm, not sure this will go down well if true, on the other hand I suppose TESCO have to do something.

Did anything ever become of this ?
    Eagles Meadow Design Commission Review 2004
    ” A Car Parking Management Agreement with the council will govern use, pricing, operation and management. “
    http://dcfw.org/wp-content/uploads/8dEaglesMeadowWrexham0ct2004.pdf

Regards to the rent increasing ?
    http://www.vinci-uk.com/commun/communiques.nsf/BEA87261F05A48BAC12574E100440362/$file/vincipark-wrexham-en.pdf

Rondetto
    Participant

Interesting thought and as you say Tesco will have to look at the amount of people parking there and going into town. It’s blatantly obvious when you see the amount of cars parked then see how few are in the store.

I shopped in Matalan with my wife yesterday and as we passed EM car park slowed down to see how many cars were in there. I could only see three cars
    and that was at 10.am.

Darlofan
    Participant

So you park in Tesco then buy a paper or fill up with petrol on the way out and swipe your clubcard job done. I think if they were to do a scheme like that they’d have to have a minimum spend and I can’t see customers being happy at having to spend a fiver just because they parked there.

Rondetto
    Participant

The car park increase has been suspended for now. Due to pressure from surrounding units Vinci have relented for now. We’ll have to wait and see
    what happens next.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News