Eagles Meadow car park charges

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Eagles Meadow car park charges

• Author

GVC
    Participant

Isn’t it funny how Vinci failed to mention in their comment to Wrexham.com that they want out of the contract!

Rondetto
    Participant

They hint that commercially it isn’t helping them pay their lease, of course it wont while they charge enormous parking fees. They fail to see the knock on effect it has on the units there too. They imply that they are being forced to put up the charges to pay their lease, can’t they see that even less people will be using the car park.

Born Acorn
    Participant

Certainly business is down because of the £3.10 price? So…

cromwell
    Participant

Instead of everyone whinging on and on about this rip off car park, do as I do and use else where. May have to stretch my legs a little more but like you I am not forced to park there and at there prices more fool the one that uses it. If you all stop like me they will lose revenue and maybe drop the charges, so every one stop crying about it and stand up.

Katia
    Participant

@cromwell 15854 wrote:

Instead of everyone whinging on and on about this rip off car park, do as I do and use else where. May have to stretch my legs a little more but like you I am not forced to park there and at there prices more fool the one that uses it. If you all stop like me they will lose revenue and maybe drop the charges, so every one stop crying about it and stand up.

Mr Lucas is this you ? :D
    No, but seriously, well done Ian Lucas – reassuringly appalled – and coming out strongly against Vinci today on his website and twitter.

Agree with Cromwell but although spot on for us locals Darlofan makes a compelling point regarding visitors from out of town.

“The problem is Eagles Meadow is the main car park for the shopping centre which is where the majority of out of towners/1st time visitors would head for. As we all do when going to a new town for the first time, you tend to get in the first big car park you see or you head for the car park attached to the main shopping centre. So visitors are immediately put off by car parking costs and are unlikely to return. These are the people Wrexham needs to be attracting too and spreading the word. Locals who know the town will use other cheaper car parks as I do/or Tescos!! “

Theresa
    Participant

Firstly, I hope Tesco fine anyone parking in their car park who isn’t shopping there! I popped to Tesco for shopping yesterday and had to park in the overflow car park due to people taking advantage of their ‘free’ car park:mad:

Secondly, I really can’t see what the issue is with Vinci putting their prices up. Who cares? I bet 90% of the people commenting and moaning about their prices on here don’t even use it:rolleyes: Let them pull out of the contract and give it to a more reasonable company or even the Council.

There are plenty of other car parks around Wrexham to use and plenty of parking areas which allow you to park for 30 minutes/an hour, without charge (opposite Home Bargain, Chester Road, etc).

For what it’s worth, I have two jobs, working an average of 46 hours a week and have no problems getting my shopping done in Wrexham (except for the extra time it costs me walking past all the cars taking advantage of Tescos car park for their non Tesco shopping requirements):rolleyes:

dewi73
    Participant

@Theresa 15858 wrote:

Firstly, I hope Tesco fine anyone parking in their car park who isn’t shopping there! I popped to Tesco for shopping yesterday and had to park in the overflow car park due to people taking advantage of their ‘free’ car park:mad:

Secondly, I really can’t see what the issue is with Vinci putting their prices up. Who cares? I bet 90% of the people commenting and moaning about their prices on here don’t even use it:rolleyes: Let them pull out of the contract and give it to a more reasonable company or even the Council.

There are plenty of other car parks around Wrexham to use and plenty of parking areas which allow you to park for 30 minutes/an hour, without charge (opposite Home Bargain, Chester Road, etc).

For what it’s worth, I have two jobs, working an average of 46 hours a week and have no problems getting my shopping done in Wrexham (except for the extra time it costs me walking past all the cars taking advantage of Tescos car park for their non Tesco shopping requirements):rolleyes:

I spend roughly £5200 each year in Tesco on my groceries so I’m sure they won’t begrudge me some occasional ‘free’ car parking.
    Cromwell your spot on, my sentiments exactly.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@cromwell 15854 wrote:

Agree with most of that.
    But older folk and some who may not be to good on their feet or unable to walk to far and but may not qualify for a blue badge don’t have a choice but to park as close as possible to EM…

dale
    Participant

They took away the one large cheap car park (Where EM is now, 20p all day parking if I remember correctly!) and moved the big shops out of the town centre and now they seem surprised that no one goes in the town centre and people are moaning about the parking prices.

Incredible, it would be funny if it wasn’t so tragic…………..

Rondetto
    Participant

I popped to Tesco this morning, their car park was heaving. Took a while to find a space to park, yet inside there wasn’t all that many shopping.
    Surely they will notice sooner or later what people are doing.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News