Eagles Meadow car park charges

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Eagles Meadow car park charges

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

Makes me wonder if they are trying to get out of their 25 year contract.

Katia
    Participant

@darryl 15666 wrote:

We had heard reports of this yesterday and tried to chase it up with Kevin Critchely, but he’s away until next week. Likewise a media rep from Vinci also wasn’t available yesterday, so we haven’t had anything firmed up yet.

If Eagles Meadow has 1000 cars each paying £3.10, they receive £3100. If they increase that to £5, they receive £5000 but they don’t know if they’re going to have less cars.
    The problem imagined is can Eagles Meadow take that risk ?

A simple reversal of the argument Mr Critchley expressed in Town Centre Forum regarding council car park charges.

Well its up to Vinci, they must feel they can take the risk.
    Its up to Wrexham shoppers to prove them wrong and not park there.
    Use the council car parks instead and keep the money in the town.

I’m wondering why Wrexham Savers are hoping to discuss parking issues outside of Town Centre Forum – do they feel undermined in some way ?

wrexview
    Participant

More like 200 per day parking in Vinci , not sure if that includes those that pay £30 monthly. If you are going to park there more than 6 times in a month a monthly ticket would be the cheapest option, of course that may well be on the way up too!!

Ferret
    Participant

@Katia 15670 wrote:

If Eagles Meadow has 1000 cars each paying £3.10, they receive £3100. If they increase that to £5, they receive £5000 but they don’t know if they’re going to have less cars.

A simple reversal of the argument Mr Critchley expressed in Town Centre Forum regarding council car park charges.

I’m wondering why Wrexham Savers are hoping to discuss parking issues outside of Town Centre Forum – do they feel undermined in some way ?

This seems a much more logical response that all the anti-wrexham numpties who seem to gloat about shopping in Broughton or England. It’s not local traders’ (or national chains at EM) fault that a multi-national parking company don’t understand the local market. Just park somewhere else and give the town your business. And to the Broughton enthusiasts: OK different shops fine . But JUST because of parking? Let’s say 20 mile round trip. HMRC allow 45p a mile making a total cost of £9. Even fuel alone say £3 ‘pendin on the car. Plus your prescious time travelling of course. Or maybe you just prefer the shops in Broughton / England (understandable) and the parking costs at EM give you an excuse for not shooping in your town. Discuss.

Rondetto
    Participant

So, does that justify an increase from £3.10 for two hours to £5.
    I think not. Even the £3.10 charge has seen a big drop in vehicles parking there, hence a knock on effect in people shopping in the units already there.

Alunh
    Participant

We should avoid confusing Eagles Meadow with the Vinci Car Park that operates below it. Vinci’s objective is to maximise profits and this is presumably being done by either lpsr (large profits, slow returns) or by a strategy of forcing a contract termination. Either way, it is not good.

Ferret has made several valid points but I must confess that I have done what many appear to be doing, irrationally going elsewhere to shop because Wrexham makes me feel unloved. If towns are desperate for business, those who run them make every effort to try and attract customers. Whilst many local businesses are busting a gut to set out an attractive offer, it needs more….it always needs more and Parking Charges are an element in the mix. I note that the incoming Conservative candidate for MP has a sound track record on this front and hopefully a bit of political competition will force all of the aspiring MPs to help move this matter on

johnhoppy
    Participant

At least one of the comments above I think was directed at my comment regarding Broughton Park and Cheshire Oaks being a reasonable financial alternative to parking at Eagles Meadow. I enjoy visiting Wrexham town centre but I find that it is not really car friendly. The main parking area of Island Green is usually quite full and is difficult to find a parking space and the alternative of Eagles Meadow is expensive and not really convenient to the town centre. Has any thought been given to the suitability of a Park and Ride scheme with a bus serving the town centre on a similar route to the ill fated Shoppa Hoppa? The town centre is struggling and such a scheme might make it more attractive to shoppers.

Rex Ham
    Participant

I now park on the Beast Market and walk the few yards to EM. The council charge is (I think) £1.80 for two hours.

zinger
    Participant

I was in town early one morning and was able to park & nip into a shop to pick something up. I said at the time, that this is what Wrexham lacks. Who wants to pay to park when you just want to nip into a bank or pick up a prescription or a bouquet of flowers. Time is short for most of us these days & not many people have time to walk around the shops for two hours. If you are working you probably only have one day a week off. There again shopping isn’t my favourite occupation anyway. I can’t think of anything worse than going to an out of town shopping mall.

Ponciau
    Participant

@Katia 15670 wrote:

I think people need to get their facts right! Da Vinci are the culprits in this scenario they only lease of Eagles meadow I feel that this increase will only cause the local shops to suffer not only over the festive period but for the forseable future as well rumour has it that Da Vinci want out of their lease therefore the rise if Eagles meadow saw fit to release them it would be a boost for the town

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News