E.U Elections….who will you vote for?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum E.U Elections….who will you vote for?

• Author

JP
    Participant

We need a second vote, the question should read:-

I think the seventies were better before the EU money flooded into Wales; I want to return to living in a backwards puddle of poo.

After 44 years of blaming everything on the EU, what are you going to blame next? The boogie?

Maybe time to wake up and get the message, the UK are shite, and could not run a bath.
    WCBC really proves the point.

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=168823]what are you going to blame next? The boogie?[/quote]
    JP, this has made my day – thank you so much!

billycoen
    Participant

Did the European Union exist in the seventies,just asking.

al simm
    Participant

Yes it did exist in the 70’s,in fact in one form or another it had been around since the 50’s.When we voted to join back in the 70’s we voted to join a common market.Back then I just got the vote and I voted against joining.Since then the EU has become a right wing monstrosity in the pockets of the neocons and the banks,run predominantly by unelected officials.

al simm
    Participant

I think the money the EU filches from the UK is far exceeded by the amount it gives back.The EU is a self perpetuating and self preserving monolith.

Llayby lilly
    Participant

[quote quote=168823]We need a second vote, the question should read:-

I think the seventies were better before the EU money flooded into Wales; I want to return to living in a backwards puddle of poo.

After 44 years of blaming everything on the EU, what are you going to blame next? The boogie?

Maybe time to wake up and get the message, the UK are shite, and could not run a bath.
    WCBC really proves the point.[/quote]

JP, are you a bedwetter?

AMA Express
    Participant

He’s a master baiter.

IMHO
    Participant

[quote quote=168852]Yes it did exist in the 70’s,in fact in one form or another it had been around since the 50’s.When we voted to join back in the 70’s we voted to join a common market.Back then I just got the vote and I voted against joining.Since then the EU has become a right wing monstrosity in the pockets of the neocons and the banks,run predominantly by unelected officials.[/quote]

We didn’t, in the 70’s, vote to join the Common Market as it was touted to us then we voted wehether or not we wanted to remain in it as we were joined up years earlier without any referendum.

zinger
    Participant

The question in 1975 was “Do you think the UK should stay in the European Community (Common Market)?”

Members of the “No” campaign accepted their defeat and promised to work constructively within the EEC.

Industry Secretary Tony Benn, who had come under criticism from the prime minister (Harold Wilson) during the campaign, said: “When the British people speak everyone, including members of Parliament, should tremble before their decision and that’s certainly the spirit with which I accept the result of the referendum.”

How times change.

al simm
    Participant

hi IMHO,
    Technically you are right.We joined the common market in 1973,having had two failed attempts in 63 and 67.But we didn’t actually have a referendum until 1975,when the country voted in favour of remaining.We should have voted to get out way back then,as far as I am concerned Harold Wilson made a major mistake in supporting continued membership believing that he could change the EU from within and renegotiate more favourable terms(hmm how many times have we heard that one)…interesting nearly 45 years later we have corbyn trying to do the same thing,some people never learn.
    One of the most neolithic aspects of the EU was and still is the CAP(common agricultural policy) which is effectively an endless money tree for the landowning elite in the EU.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News