E.U Elections….who will you vote for?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum E.U Elections….who will you vote for?

• Author

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=168494]
    Aye up,seeing as you know how we all voted,any chance of the lottery numbers for tomorrow.You could be our very own Septic Peg.[/quote]

Care to explain where I stated that I knew how everyone voted? I was referring to the endless bickering that achieves nothing.

As the turnout is expected to be low I was merely applauding people for actually bothering to go out and vote. Because for whomever they voted for it’s better than being apathetic.

Also the outcome of yesterday’s ballot will have zero bearing whatsoever on how Brexit goes down – the result of this one will be for posturing only. Brexit’s fate now lies with Theresa May’s successor who will have to go back to Europe and negotiate a new deal or call a General Election to attempt to get a majority for a no deal Brexit to go through Parliament. I can’t see us leaving by October.

Sheefag
    Participant

Last nights results, expressed as a photograph……

WreX-iT
    Participant

Well if they don’t get the message after that they never will!

Now let’s get out and stop the messing about!

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=168700]Well if they don’t get the message after that they never will!

Now let’s get out and stop the messing about![/quote]

It’s not good news Wrex-IT in terms of the understanding of the message – I’ve seen people crowing victory from both sides. Nothing seems to have changed on that score. Brexit Party getting the most seats has sent a clear message but remain at all costs camp are adding up all of the remain party votes & equating it to a strong remain message. Only problem with that of course is that the remain vote is incredibly split so in a First Past the Post General Election situation it would translate for a Brexit Party win. Interesting to see what occurs in the coming months when the new PM is selected by a group of ageing conservative member hangers on.

Tories have been completely annihilated but as usual Labour are massively squabbling between the Leave and Remain wings of the party. The absolute state of affairs.

Llayby lilly
    Participant

Such a fab result for Brexit Party and all done in 6 weeks…!

Wales has again expressed its wish to leave the EU, that is unless the bedwetters want to re-run the Euro Elections again?

Lilly

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=168713]Only problem with that of course is that the remain vote is incredibly split so in a First Past the Post General Election situation it would translate for a Brexit Party win.[/quote]

Most of the voters don’t see that as a problem.

woogleeye
    Participant

As CHANGE UK did nothing in these elections will we now see Anna Soubry crawling back under the rock she managed to escape from and that Chuka Umunna will defect back to Corbin’s (for the many not the few and who I would not trust to turn on a tap ) Labour party.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=168736]As CHANGE UK did nothing in these elections will we now see Anna Soubry crawling back under the rock she managed to escape from and that Chuka Umunna will defect back to Corbin’s (for the many not the few and who I would not trust to turn on a tap ) Labour party.[/quote]

Chuka and the defectors are definitely not welcome back in Labour.

billycoen
    Participant

[quote quote=168737]

As CHANGE UK did nothing in these elections will we now see Anna Soubry crawling back under the rock she managed to escape from and that Chuka Umunna will defect back to Corbin’s (for the many not the few and who I would not trust to turn on a tap ) Labour party.

Chuka and the defectors are definitely not welcome back in Labour.[/quote] Good name for a band that.

Matt
    Participant

Good name for a band that.

Haha, right on. They’ll be a skiffle band busking outside of a Sainsbury’s by the year out.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Voter registration for May’s Police and Crime Commissioner elections closes today

News

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News

Hundreds take part in inaugural 5k and 10k race in aid of Wrexham-based hospice

News

College students hosting Wrexham football themed charity dinner for local causes

News