E.U Elections….who will you vote for?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum E.U Elections….who will you vote for?

• Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote quote=167129]GoM1, i don’t think that grasp my post do you?

1. i don’t expect or need it to be read – it is a protest
    2. There is no Batphone to parliament because Batman doesn’t live or work there (he just visits)

and
    3. to quote a previous post – we are voting to send representiaives to an assembly we should no longer be a party to.
    4. the GoM1 website says “Take The First Step Towards Success & Become Who You Were Meant To Be” – how many steps have you taken so far?
    [/quote]

Oh, how could I have been so foolish as to miss IRONY?
    1. If you’re going to spoil your ballot paper by writing a message that someone won’t read and you know it, why not brighten someones day by drawing a big ol’ dong instead? That might at least get a laugh.
    2. I’m willing to bet that Theresa does have an old school batman-style red phone, and it was probably given to her by Trump
    3. Debatable, I think we should be a party to that assembly. Best to have some say on all the rules that will no doubt still affect us. Let’s not go down the ‘will of the people’ route though, as in my personal experience, many of the peopleI have met that voted to leave were misled and whilst some have doubled down and started shouting louder, others have got a bit more informed and changed their minds, as is their right.
    4. I only ever wanted to be a sarcastic and mildly annoying poster on a small town’s news website forum. I’d say I have had some success. Or at the least have taken the first step.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=167160]If Matt ever manages to monetise that left wing chip on his shoulder[/quote]

Maris Piper all the way.

I’m unsure what the big deal is about reliance of cross border – that is the general relationship between 2 adjoining nations or nations across the world – your basic trade deal of goods and services – regardless of anyone ruling someone else.

Ireland didn’t break when it declared independence nor did the vast majority of the Commonwealth. The idea that Her Maj’s glorious England is ruler of the land and seas is an incredibly antiquated idea. Empire’s Over – the Principalities are doing just fine.

I don’t for a single second believe that in any of our lifetimes Wales would declare independence over England – the appetite and support just isn’t there. I just like the discussion and debate to see what we can work with.

A lot of my observations are more critical against the lack of embracing a strong Welsh identity in terms of voters it is disappointing that they are quite happy for England to take the lead – there’s just no fight there, just apathy.

Look at the shit the Catalans are willing to get into to press for Independence – here we just have a bunch of meek sheep followers (no pun intended).

It’s just the fact that if Lithuania can survive as its own country with less population than Wales, then hypothetically what are all the reasons Wales wouldn’t?

Strong tourism sector, strong energy sector, good trade links between Ireland and through to England, possibilities to build on current manufacturing strengths and ability to expand on new tech business.

I’ve never been a fan of how the WAG runs, I just think because there is insufficient power there or competency we just have a bunch of Joker AMs. But there is no reason why there couldn’t be an appetite to improve and strengthen it.

The complete lack of interest in political engagement for large swathes of Welsh people is the biggest downfall.

Hit me with your best shot.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=167161]Just a cotton pickin’ minute Councillor. The Welsh devolution referendum was the 2nd referendum.

And Matt, possibly 3,999 spoilt papers were in disgust that the 1st referendum result was not upheld when the result was 4 to 1 against the first time round. The 2nd time around it got through by only 6,721 votes.

We none of us know the real reasons why people vote the way they do. It is only guesswork on all sides.

I do know that in North of Wales we depend heavily on the other side of the border for our healthcare.[/quote]

Zinger – it is interesting that the original referendum was a 4 to 1 against in 1979 and then we hit 50/50 18 years later in 1997 and now another 22 years down the line there is an increased support for further devolutionary powers – probably much lower support for independence, but it must be the slowest trickle towards self determination of all time – or possibly a flatline or stagnation.

This is way off topic but interesting points being made in this thread.

WreX-iT
    Participant

Anonymous
    Inactive

If all the frustrated Brexit supporters vote for the Brexit party, with only a usual 35% turnout, it will be easy to return ALL Brexit MEP’s. When the MEP’s go to Brussels they all frustrate the budgets and procedures with veto votes. (Like most MP’s have done with Brexit)
    The European Parliament get so fed up with these MEP’s, they willingly THROW the U.K. Out of Europe.
    VOTE BREXIT PARTY

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=167170]

If Matt ever manages to monetise that left wing chip on his shoulder

Maris Piper all the way.

I’m unsure what the big deal is about reliance of cross border – that is the general relationship between 2 adjoining nations or nations across the world – your basic trade deal of goods and services – regardless of anyone ruling someone else.

Ireland didn’t break when it declared independence nor did the vast majority of the Commonwealth. The idea that Her Maj’s glorious England is ruler of the land and seas is an incredibly antiquated idea. Empire’s Over – the Principalities are doing just fine.

I don’t for a single second believe that in any of our lifetimes Wales would declare independence over England – the appetite and support just isn’t there. I just like the discussion and debate to see what we can work with.

A lot of my observations are more critical against the lack of embracing a strong Welsh identity in terms of voters it is disappointing that they are quite happy for England to take the lead – there’s just no fight there, just apathy.

Look at the shit the Catalans are willing to get into to press for Independence – here we just have a bunch of meek sheep followers (no pun intended).

It’s just the fact that if Lithuania can survive as its own country with less population than Wales, then hypothetically what are all the reasons Wales wouldn’t?

Strong tourism sector, strong energy sector, good trade links between Ireland and through to England, possibilities to build on current manufacturing strengths and ability to expand on new tech business.

I’ve never been a fan of how the WAG runs, I just think because there is insufficient power there or competency we just have a bunch of Joker AMs. But there is no reason why there couldn’t be an appetite to improve and strengthen it.

The complete lack of interest in political engagement for large swathes of Welsh people is the biggest downfall.

Hit me with your best shot.[/quote]

In short, everybody else is wrong except you.

There’s a wonderful American saying, “Buddy, if you’re so smart, why aint you rich?”

Matt
    Participant

I see your American saying and raise you a Welsh one “Gwell Dysg Na Golud” – Better educated than wealthy.

Sheefag
    Participant

One out of two would be an improvement eh?

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=167173]If all the frustrated Brexit supporters vote for the Brexit party, with only a usual 35% turnout, it will be easy to return ALL Brexit MEP’s. When the MEP’s go to Brussels they all frustrate the budgets and procedures with veto votes. (Like most MP’s have done with Brexit)
    The European Parliament get so fed up with these MEP’s, they willingly THROW the U.K. Out of Europe.
    VOTE BREXIT PARTY[/quote]

Scenario literally won’t happen. Do you think Jean-Claude Juncker gives a toss about who we send to have little tantrums in Europe in protest? They’ve had Farage the Clown sitting there for 20 years, so what difference is it going to make when he brings his whole flying circus into Brussels?

I thought the whole reason Cameron called the original EU Ref is because we felt powerless to reform the EU and didn’t have the influence he wanted. So why all of a sudden would the UK contingency of MEPs be so all powerful to frustrate the Entire European Parliament now?

Matt
    Participant

This article goes a long way to explaining why there is very little chance that a Brexit protest party could disrupt the overall aims of the EU in the coming months. They seem to have considered this issue & as usual bureaucratic process rules the day.

http://theconversation.com/brexit-party-nigel-farages-threat-to-disrupt-eu-business-is-a-waste-of-his-energy-115526

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News