E.U Elections….who will you vote for?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum E.U Elections….who will you vote for?

• Author

Llayby lilly
    Participant

Hi,

Having read the following article..

https://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/asked-3800-people-who-theyd-16154673

I wonder who you will vote for? As previously mentioned I was a remain voter in the 2016 referendum, however due to the despicable way the Conservatives and Labour have refused to respect the democratic will of the people, I will be voting for the Brexit Party.

Thank you.

Born Acorn
    Participant

I think everyone should join me in boycotting these imaginary “EU Elections”! Clearly they are made up by remainers because we have rightly pointed out the EU is an unelected bureaucracy for four years!

WreX-iT
    Participant

With Born Acorn I am going to do what most Leavers will do and not vote in this joke of an election.

If we are ever to leave then this waste of money election is not needed BUT it is a sign that the minority of voters and the majority of MPs will get their way and we will stay.

They had THREE years to get us out but the a$$holes couldn’t manage that. How much of that wasted time could have been devoted to GENUINE Government business?

Over to you Mrs May …….

zinger
    Participant

I am doubtful that not voting would send a message as many people don’t vote anyway.
    Would it be better to show your presence at the ballot box by spoiling your paper by writing none of the above?

IMHO
    Participant

[quote quote=167112]I am doubtful that not voting would send a message as many people don’t vote anyway.
    Would it be better to show your presence at the ballot box by spoiling your paper by writing none of the above?[/quote]

If you do not want to vote for any party, the above is the best option.

I will vote for the party i think will send the clearest message to our pathetic MP’s as to what we, the voting public think of them. It’s an absolute slap in the face of the British public that we are being reduced to this ie. voting to send representitives to an assembly we should no longer be a party to.

WreX-iT
    Participant

Thank you both – i will be spoiling my paper and leave a satirical comment

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote quote=167119]Thank you both – i will be spoiling my paper and leave a satirical comment[/quote]
    I’m sure the counters will read it as well when they’re up against the clock. Even if they did, what do you expect will happen? That they will get on the Batphone to parliament? “Mrs May, we have to stop this election! Someone isn’t happy in Wrexham!”
    You’ll be literally wasting the time of everyone involved.

Matt
    Participant

I’ll probably vote in the EU elections just because out of civic duty I think it is pointless to waste a vote. You don’t vote – you don’t really have the right to complain.

So whilst spoiled ballots won’t really make a difference – it is the case that if you turn up and make it known you aren’t happy with any of the choices or the process then at least you have executed your right to make a protest vote.

Those sitting on their backside saying they won’t vote won’t be counted as those unhappy and will just be caught up in the swathes of apathetic people who cannot be bothered taking part in any electoral process.

It is my understanding that the number of MPs you get in a region is proportional to the population living there within the UK, but it doesn’t look good for representation of Wales in Europe or overall within the UK when we get 4 MEPs none of which have to specifically be affiliated to North Wales.

London has 8 MEPs, the South East has 10 – if either of those sets of MPs grouped together (even if they were in a different party) to secure the rights of their respective region they would absolutely dwarf the voices of the Welsh MEPs and we’d have no say that was listened to.

The distribution is actually unfair in relative terms for Wales and would actually get better representation if we were in theory independent from the rest of the UK.

Wales gets 4 MEPs for its 3.125m population

Lithuania gets 11 MEPs for its 2.8m population as a comparative size reference.

In fact Malta gets 6 MEPs for 460,000 population and Luxembourg 6 for 590,000.

Leave or Remain Wales is underrepresented full stop.

WreX-iT
    Participant

GoM1, i don’t think that grasp my post do you?

1. i don’t expect or need it to be read – it is a protest
    2. There is no Batphone to parliament because Batman doesn’t live or work there (he just visits)

and
    3. to quote a previous post – we are voting to send representiaives to an assembly we should no longer be a party to.
    4. the GoM1 website says “Take The First Step Towards Success & Become Who You Were Meant To Be” – how many steps have you taken so far?

WreX-iT
    Participant

Matt, is there any point in the Country electing MEPs when they will be automatically ejected when (if) we leave on or before Halloween? It is a massive expense just like the BREXIT process has been so far.

Spoil v Don’t Vote v Protest Vote

Spoiling a paper or recording a protest vote gives the impression that people are interested but by not voting, there is a poor turnout and the politicians get the message that nobody cares because the elections shouldn’t be taking place.

I get the civic duty point but you need to buy into the election and believe in the outcome. I stupidly believed my LEAVE vote would count. Many of us have lost faith in the process now.

Should i vote in something that i don’t have any passion about and don’t care about the outcome of?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News