Drunken/druggie Idiots

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Drunken/druggie Idiots

• Author

BenjaminM
    Participant

Having read the report regarding Police wasting 2 hours waiting for a gang of youths to disperse in Brymbo, none having apparently committed an arrestable offence, wouldn’t their time be better utilised by tackling situations similar to the one highlighted by Rex Ham above?

I am sick and tired of reading plans made by ‘gold command’ that never seem to reach any positive remedy or solution to the problem. They are allowed to pollute the environment both physically and by their very presence, seemingly with tacit approval from those in whom the responsibility lies for resolution.

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=138824]Having read the report regarding Police wasting 2 hours waiting for a gang of youths to disperse in Brymbo, none having apparently committed an arrestable offence, wouldn’t their time be better utilised by tackling situations similar to the one highlighted by Rex Ham above?

I am sick and tired of reading plans made by ‘gold command’ that never seem to reach any positive remedy or solution to the problem. They are allowed to pollute the environment both physically and by their very presence, seemingly with tacit approval from those in whom the responsibility lies for resolution.

[/quote]

But authorities have also said that they don’t want to ‘criminalise’ the criminals, sorry I mean drug addicts, by arresting them.

Rondetto
    Participant

Been to the chemist in Rhosddu this morning and there were two drugged up guys in the garden of rest. One couldn’t even stand up. The other was leaning on the wall eyeballs out in another world. Passengers on the buses can see all this apart from us folk who have to walk past the children’s play park and garden of rest. As per usual no sign
    of any police presence.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Did you report them. If only everyone would report incidents Police and Council only react to statistics.

Rondetto
    Participant

Last time I reported them my front window was smashed and cost me £120 to replace.

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=139094]Did you report them. If only everyone would report incidents Police and Council only react to statistics.

[/quote]
    I wish it were that simple. I’m with Rondetto on this – you cannot trust the police to have any discretion. I called police once & specifically asked them not to come to my flat but to my neighbour’s where the [violent] problem was; I did not want my neighbour to know who had reported them. 10 mins later police arrived at my door, insisted on coming in (I thought I should play along in case they were visiting all neighbours), and it soon became apparent that they thought mine was the flat the complaint was about. I explained and they set off for the neighbour’s flat – one of the officers saying loudly in the stairwell “thanks for calling us”. Another time I called in anti-social behaviour of youths. Police visited youths several times but did not actually do anything. Later, after midnight, youths racially abused a lone woman so I reported that. Police took absolutely no action on the racial abuse so I made an official complaint. First they claimed they hadn’t been able to come out because I had been unable to describe the victim, then they claimed it had been a busy night for them, what with it having been a Friday – I had to point out it had been a Thu night / Fri morning. Their ultimate reason for failing to respond to my call about racial abuse was because they linked it to the less serious problem of the anti-social behaviour I had called about earlier. The lesson here, for me at least, has been that I should not report anti-social behaviour to the police because it is not taken seriously by the police and it results in either your identity being revealed or in anything else you report to them to be dismissed as unimportant.

Rondetto
    Participant

Well said. Unfortunately we find that by doing well we get targeted. Too many people close a blind eye to what is going on around us. Maybe it’s the times we live in but I would like to see mobile units pass by daily. Perhaps if they did and were to show their presence we wouldn’t be subjected to this.

dagg
    Participant

Maybe if a TV company made a programme about Wrexham police something might get done. It seems to work for other police forces, they always seem to catch criminals when the cameras are there.

JaneJ
    Participant

People who are blinkered need to wake up to the reality of what they could be doing to help others by reporting what they see. I appreciate that many people are reluctant to report due to what appears to be no action yet by the Police but without reporting time and time again and proving no action you will never get action.
    Just keep ringing every time something is seen.

zinger
    Participant

[quote quote=139190]People who are blinkered need to wake up to the reality of what they could be doing to help others by reporting what they see. I appreciate that many people are reluctant to report due to what appears to be no action yet by the Police but without reporting time and time again and proving no action you will never get action.
    Just keep ringing every time something is seen.

[/quote]

I know where you are coming from Jane but when you read of Rondetto & Bubbles experiences you have to wonder if you want to take a chance.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News