Drug dealing in broad daylight

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Drug dealing in broad daylight

• Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unless wittnessed first hand , you would find it hard to believe, drug dealing in broad daylight. In the ally at the side of the news coffee shop in town LOT 11, Drug deals being done at 13.30. However rest assured bus Station being paroled at 08.00, all clear … PHEW.

Matt
    Participant

What did the police say when you had called them? Did they send anyone down, were there any arrests?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did call them and was assured an officer would attend, however I did not hang around. I have not as yet been re contacted.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Ha! Spied it Matt?

Matt
    Participant

I hope there’s a follow-up, but I’m cynical as numerous people have witnessed and reported to the police, lead council members and to the local MPs about the rampant open dealing in the middle of town. I wonder how many other towns had to have their public phone boxes removed because they were being used as a dealer stash?

I also remember when Insp Paul Wycherley did a Q&A about the issues surrounding the bus station where he stated that they were able to make arrests of dealers, but then couldn’t create a prosecution because the former legal highs that were being dealt were struggling to be identified by the crime labs, as new strains were coming onto the market all the time (with minor chemical variations) that were pretty much circumventing their list of criminal substances and they were having to be released without charge (as if they were only dealing flour or sugar!) to go and continue dealing.

Now I accept that this is a national UK-wide criminal classification issue, but it makes for a miserable time in Wrexham.

Rondetto
    Participant

Only once did I report them and a PCSO came to our door. As soon as they left I had our living room window smashed.
    I see them most days in the garden of rest Rhosddu.

Council Watcher
    Participant

A key question to the Police and other Authristioes is whether there is actually a level of tolerance towards low-level dealing whilst they target the ‘big fish’ in the supply chains.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=142873]A key question to the Police and other Authristioes is whether there is actually a level of tolerance towards low-level dealing whilst they target the ‘big fish’ in the supply chains.[/quote]

It doesn’t work like the traditional drug bust snitch/undercover cop buy/bust model as it is not something controlled by illegal drug cartels. Legal highs are mostly still legal to produce across the rest of the world and distribute, including across the EU. Just think about all the smart shops in Amsterdam. So this means that the main producers of Legal Highs are mass production factories in China who are able to produce new strains of the likes of spice and mamba all the time to circumvent any kind of illegal substance restrictions as new strains always come in unclassified until someone can update the law to make the exact synthetic drug compound illegal to sell/possess. The Chinese just export all the drugs across into Europe labelled as plant food and herbal bath salts etc… not meant for human consumption.

So with this in mind it remains legally on sale in many European countries, which just means it only has to be smuggled across from the EU into the UK. So there may be some gang activity related to that level of the supply chain, but with no overriding issues with the highs in Europe, there’s no cooperation with Interpol. Just down to UK customs and police to stop it. The Chinese legal businesses can’t be stopped at present, nor can their law abiding EU supply chain distributors. Dealers probably have their pick of who they can access the drugs from (legal high websites exist outside of the UK). Plus with very little risk of them being banged up with the gear they have (if they have the latest modified strains) – it’s a very easy job for them. So it may be the case that they could be trying to work their way up the chain, but there’s still very little power the police have to crack this new war on drugs. Both Birmingham and Manchester police are banging their heads against walls with the epidemic, so understandably NWP will be struggling even worse with their very few resources.

Matt
    Participant

Clarification on this (doing a lot of research), Spice and Mamba are now classed as Class B substances, so this should grant police additional powers in terms of arrests and prosecutions above other former legal highs. However, it is still my understanding that there are drug classification difficulties of these 2 leading to releases after arrest after failure to positively identify in the lab.

There are some crime stats in terms of arrests/prosecutions across the UK here since the ban came in place.

https://news.sky.com/story/800-people-arrested-after-ban-on-legal-highs-11186079

Matt
    Participant

There was another interesting point from the police Q&A back in November.

Submit your questions – what do you want us to ask the local police inspectors?

When they bust drugs on a local/regional level and disrupt the drug supply chain. The laws of supply and demand means that the price of a bag of drugs surges from £5 to £50 due to the shortage which means a knock-on effect in crime – i.e. surge in shoplifting/burglary so that drug users can fuel their habits no matter what the costs.

So you have to ask yourself if the local police are tolerating drug dealing if it means the street value remains at a low cost meaning keeping knock on crime to fund habits at a minimum. It’s like being between a rock and a hard place. Do you want zombies slumping all over the town and dealers openly dealing drugs, intimidating the local people in the town centre? Or do you want highly strung pre-zombies unable to get a fix robbing all over the place? I don’t want either and nor does anyone else. This situation seems pretty intolerable. My contraversial view is that when these drugs were legal to purchase from shops at a far lower cost than on the streets, the only people these addicts were harming were themselves, in the comfort of their own homes. Now they are plaguing like locusts in the town centres because their habits have been criminalised and the increased costs/social stigma has meant they have been thrown out into the streets.

They have also pulled nasty/criminal drug dealers into town, in plain sight where crack/heroin/weed dealers would never have dared carried their stash.

They were behaving no differently to alcoholics who are legally allowed to buy cheap booze and drink themselves into a stupor with society not even batting an eyelid.

So this whole law has actually screwed up the whole town centre and probably many other urban areas. Unfortunately it is unlikely that we are going to resoften the law on these (as they are incredibly devastating) – so the only other option is for the law to come down on dealers and supply. Unfortunately that will cause criminals in this area to toughen up and cause it all to fall into the hands of violent criminals, like with the crack epidemic. There will be violence and deaths and no winners. Then there only needs to be a super strain of bad synthetic drugs that ends up killing loads of users.

The war on drugs is an absolute blight on life. There needs to be careful steps and considerations taken on a national and international level on the manufacture of new mind altering substances, how it is damaging society and how criminals are using them for profit before everything spirals out of control.

It was unacceptable and highly illegal in the Victorian age to go round poisoning people or taking poisonous substances yourself no matter what was concocted. Why are we tolerating/weak to react to a similar mental and physical health long term poisoning of people now – we have greater tools/powers to deal with it.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News