Drinking in Rhosddu Cemetary

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Drinking in Rhosddu Cemetary

• Author

zinger
    Participant

“Drinking alcohol in Rhosddu has cost one individual £100 after he refused to stop drinking when asked to do so by a Police Community Support Officer”.

Now this I do agree with. The guy was given the opportunity to stop drinking. It was a total lack of respect.

JaneJ
    Participant

A fine of £100 — will the person be in a position to pay or even have the inclination- non payment of the fine (fixed penalty notice) will result in a Court Case and probably none payment of the fine, result going back to court and increased fine or custodial sentence.
    Why do people think that a fine of this nature will be a deterrent- the costs will soon rack up- a Court Order imposing the need to go to a detox centre would be more effective to try and change the individuals life style- and ultimately more cost effective.
    Come on powers that be look at other areas of the country and how they are dealing with this type of drinking and anti social behaviour…

zinger
    Participant

He can afford to buy the alcohol. Perhaps he should have a couple of nights in the sin bin on bread & water to realise the error of his ways.

FWarp
    Participant

@Zinger -I saw the title of the post and thought it was in invitation, was about to whip out the BBQ! A bit disappointed now :(

Sheefag
    Participant

Jane , I note the main thrust of your argument, that education may be more productive than aggressive legislation.
    Might I therefore suggest the council or Police assemble a rapidly mobile, crack team of rough men to administer a right good kicking to the miscreant and his ilk.
    This likely would be more effective to try and change the individuals lifestyle, and ultimately more cost effective.
    I would wager that the spin-off video show might generate enough to fund such a service and some of us here may pay good money to participate.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

[quote quote=113419]Jane , I note the main thrust of your argument, that education may be more productive than aggressive legislation.
    Might I therefore suggest the council or Police assemble a rapidly mobile, crack team of rough men to administer a right good kicking to the miscreant and his ilk.
    This likely would be more effective to try and change the individuals lifestyle, and ultimately more cost effective.
    I would wager that the spin-off video show might generate enough to fund such a service and some of us here may pay good money to participate.

[/quote]
    Haha you’re just putting into words what most people’s ideal solution to all of town’s ills would be.
    Maybe call the Show “Any Spare Change?”

Sheefag
    Participant

Nice idea Travis.
    Current working title is HooYoLuckinAhLah. Named after the distant and very violent cousin of Owain Glyndwr and who’s name is still cried in battle on the streets of Wrexham, to this very day

MrsWoody
    Participant

I past through Rhosddu on my way home from work the same week as the banning order came in and seen a group of rough people drinking there, waste of time

beedar
    Participant

Think it’s about time they were sprayed with bright orange dye that can’t be removed for weeks so everyone will know who they are

Rondetto
    Participant

They are the ones who congregated in the park by the chemist. Then a camera was put up and they moved across the road
    to the garden of rest. I see them there every day, only once have I see a community officer on site.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News