Drink and drug abuse around the town

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Drink and drug abuse around the town

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

@Iceman 15365 wrote:

Speeding is not abiding by the law, it is against the law.

:):) You will have started something AGAIN now Iceman… ;);) true though :rolleyes:

johnhoppy
    Participant

@Iceman 15365 wrote:

Speeding is not abiding by the law, it is against the law.

So is unsociable behaviour, but the ‘respectable’ amongst us are an easier target! (Does that wording please you better Iceman?)

Katie H
    Participant

It actually makes my skin crawl when I see them, its a shame they are in that position and I understand some don’t have anywhere to go (except for the job centre to cash their giro’s that we are funding). They smell, their rude, they are thieves and they are heroin addicts who leave their dirty rotten needles wherever they like!

Maybe we should have a centre at the top of a mountain, far away from the town of course, to send them all there and let them to do whatever they do :)

sparky1
    Participant

@Katie H 15377 wrote:

It actually makes my skin crawl when I see them, its a shame they are in that position and I understand some don’t have anywhere to go (except for the job centre to cash their giro’s that we are funding). They smell, their rude, they are thieves and they are heroin addicts who leave their dirty rotten needles wherever they like!

Maybe we should have a centre at the top of a mountain, far away from the town of course, to send them all there and let them to do whatever they do :)

i live up on the mountian!!!!!!!!!!! cant we send the low lifes to your back garden? or better still chester ?

Katie H
    Participant

Sorry I meant derelict mountain

Philip Osborne
    Participant

@justjojo2011 15331 wrote:

So by this premise anyone who fights in town is automatically a drunk and/or a junkie?

Most of the time, yes! But even if they weren’t drunk or high, fighting is still anti-social behaviour that we shouldn’t have to put up with!

… or were you defending the average Wrexhamite’s right to fight like an animal in the streets?

Iceman
    Participant

@MP1953 15371 wrote:

:):) You will have started something AGAIN now Iceman… ;);) true though :rolleyes:

@johnhoppy 15372 wrote:

So is unsociable behaviour, but the ‘respectable’ amongst us are an easier target! (Does that wording please you better Iceman?)

There’s nothing respectable about speeding I am afraid.

justjojo2011
    Participant

Right. So you know every single person who has ever gotten into a fight in town, know what they have taken, what they have had to drink etc?

Yes fighting is anti social behaviour but it doesn’t mean that person is drunk or high.

I’m not defending anyone’s right to do anything, nor am I condoning it.

@Philip Osborne 15382 wrote:

Most of the time, yes! But even if they weren’t drunk or high, fighting is still anti-social behaviour that we shouldn’t have to put up with!

… or were you defending the average Wrexhamite’s right to fight like an animal in the streets?

johnhoppy
    Participant

@Iceman 15392 wrote:

There’s nothing respectable about speeding I am afraid.

I sense ‘Holier than Thou’

99DylanJones
    Participant

I wonder do we have an increasing problem in Wrexham or now that there are various services and people with misuse problems gravitate to the same places. There are now less pubs in the town than 20 years ago so the issue must be cheap booze from supermarkets. Those over the age of 40 must remember the pre breathalyzer days when people who had drunk ‘quite a bit’ would stagger to a car and drive.
    When there were more pubs in communities and the local ‘offie’ people just abused drink but in their own communities and parents would warn children not to go near the local drunk. We can’t assume the problems have increased but now appear to be concentrated rather than spread out.
    I dont have a solution but just want people to think back when they were growing up and how the issues used to be dealt with.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News