Double standards by Wrexham council

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Double standards by Wrexham council

• Author

morri58
    Participant

Wrexham council are very quick to slap fines on dropping litter (which in most cases is fair enough) however if they are to continue this practice they need to get their own house in order & start emptying the litter bins in & around the surrounding areas. People are trying to put litter in these bins but they just fall out cause they are overflowing cause Wrexham’s shambolic council cannot be bothered to empty them on a regular basis. May I suggest they suspend the fines until they get their own house in order. No wonder Wrexham is going downhill with this council in charge.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=119517]Wrexham council are very quick to slap fines on dropping litter (which in most cases is fair enough) however if they are to continue this practice they need to get their own house in order & start emptying the litter bins in & around the surrounding areas. People are trying to put litter in these bins but they just fall out cause they are overflowing cause Wrexham’s shambolic council cannot be bothered to empty them on a regular basis. May I suggest they suspend the fines until they get their own house in order. No wonder Wrexham is going downhill with this council in charge.

[/quote]

Quite right here, and although I do not have anything to do with the council!

I do know a little insider information in that the management of emptying litter bins within Wrexham and surrounding areas is shambolic to put it mildly.

PhilWynn
    Participant

Morri58…I fully agree with your point and can confirm this matter has been raised by back-bench County Councillors like myself with the Lead Member for Environment Davida Bithell. We are awaiting his response as to finding additional resources to empty the litter bins which are doing the job they are intended to do which is to minimise litter on the street.

For your information there has been an ever increasing trend of fellow Wrexham residents using public litter bins to offload their household waste in, even dumping black bin bags next to them. If you see some one in the act then please phone WCBC’s Streetscene helpline 01978 298989 to see if we can Officers on to it.

Getting back to a solution to the issue you have raised this will require in my area the deployment of a second cage van. Currently we have only one cage van which has to cover the five wards in Caia, four wards in Offa and Grosvenor and Stansty wards in Rhosddu. I’ll say it for you…Mission Impossible.

I’ll raise this matter with my Group of County Councillors to see if we are close to coming up with the solution.

As a side issue I believe WCBC have a duty to engage with the town-centre traders to come up with a way of disposing commercial waste which doesn’t populate the town-centre with a proliferation of large unsightly and smelly commercial bins. This is being looked at as we speak so hopefully we can see a drastic improvement in the look of our town-centre before too long.

Apologies for the lengthy reply but I believe more information rather than less leads to everyone understanding the issues more fully.

Phil
    Cllr P. Wynn

Whittam12000
    Participant

Same goes for refuse crews who drop contents of the bins on the road and leave it, including glass jars which then smasj!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News