Don't Bomb Syria ?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Don't Bomb Syria ?

• Author

Sheefag
    Participant

An interesting article from 2013 about ‘Stop The War’and the kind of people that run it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10293677/Ed-Milibands-friends-of-Assad.html

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

I’m quoting from The Gaurdian and The Independant the two top left wing supporting broadsheets in Britain (it has a capital because it is a proper noun). And tell me this, if Stop the War really is an anti war group, and not a collection of disaffected Antisemitic, homophobic terror supporting Stalinists why didn’t it come out publically when Russia invaded the sovereign nation of the Ukraine and condemn this act of violence? Why hasn’t it protested outside the Russian embassy, they are currently bombing both the terror group Isis and the opponents of Assad. They haven’t because the leadership of Stop the War are worshipping old fashion communists who think that Stalin (who murdered more than Hitler) had the right idea.

Why have they never condemned the 1000s of terror acts perpetrated by Hamas and Hezbollah? Because their leaders are a group of extremists who support and desire the obliteration of democracy, freedom of speech and equality. You call me hate filled yet I am not the person supporting a group who refuse to condemn the murder of men because they are gay, who refuse to condemn the murder of women because they are no longer sexually useful, and who blame the victims of terror for the actions of the terrorists, you on the other hand patently do support both Stop the War and the vileness for which they stand. As I said before anyone who thinks that it’s ok to throw men off towers because they are gay, is worthless and their opinion of even less worth.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/aug/13/jeremy-corbyn-labour-leadership-foreign-policy-antisemitism

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/the-stop-the-war-coalition-should-do-us-all-a-favour-and-disband-9702292.html

Daave63
    Participant

Hi cmaj76,

I am not suggesting a war, but that we as a country, UN member or part of a civilised human race need to take / join in with a collective action to selectivly erradicate these brave IS commandos!. Brave IS ? Well yes, they cleverly and bravely stood their ground on the battle field and fought toe-to-toe, only stopping when falling down in the battle.
    Oh no sorry they walked into a concert hall out of the blue, full of locals enjoying a band and cowardly shot anyone who was unfortunate to be there that night, they then blew them selves up in the stupid belief that they would be come martyrs! Sorry, my mistake.

cmaj76
    Participant

I take your point Dave, my point is that we’ve tried bombing countries before and let’s be fair we now have 3 of the most unstable countries in the world. I’m not against military action if it is part of an international collective long term plan to bring long term stability but I see no evidence of any long term plan.

Mrs C, I’ve looked at your links and they are disgusting and I totally disagree with what is being commente, however they clearly aren’t indicative of every person who is anti war. I do not agree with your sweeping generalisations that everybody who is anti war is any of the things you say. It reads as a personal attack on anybody who does not want war.

Rex Ham
    Participant

I don’t know anything about the “Stop the war” organisation and I would go to great length to avoid any such confrontation. However, when an organisation such as ISIS go to such great lengths to kill people who are not part of their ideology then the rest world has to say enough is enough. Who will send a message to ISIS to tell them to respect human life? Who will tell them to stop the war against innocent people in and away from Syria? And will ISIS listen? No of course not because they are a terror organisation with only their own ideology. Now as to who tells ISIS “enough is enough” should it be the Americans? Regarded my many as the “world police”? No, it should be a united effort and regrettably the UK must be part of that action.

zinger
    Participant

I don’t want war, for goodness sake, what right thinking person does? But when people are brainwashed to the state that they don’t care about their own lives much less others, what else can be done? Talking won’t achieve anything. What had those young people done to deserve being shot? Why choose that venue? Football match – to cause the most injuries, deaths & confusion. Coffee shops as distraction. Someone, somewhere has to do something. I would hate to be in the position of having to decide what should be done.

wrexview
    Participant

If the Labour Party go for a free vote in the House of Commons I wonder which way our local MP , Mr.Lucas will vote ?

rockyrobins
    Participant

[quote quote=103952]I’m quoting from The Gaurdian and The Independant the two top left wing supporting broadsheets in Britain (it has a capital because it is a proper noun). And tell me this, if Stop the War really is an anti war group, and not a collection of disaffected Antisemitic, homophobic terror supporting Stalinists why didn’t it come out publically when Russia invaded the sovereign nation of the Ukraine and condemn this act of violence? Why hasn’t it protested outside the Russian embassy, they are currently bombing both the terror group Isis and the opponents of Assad. They haven’t because the leadership of Stop the War are worshipping old fashion communists who think that Stalin (who murdered more than Hitler) had the right idea.

Why have they never condemned the 1000s of terror acts perpetrated by Hamas and Hezbollah? Because their leaders are a group of extremists who support and desire the obliteration of democracy, freedom of speech and equality. You call me hate filled yet I am not the person supporting a group who refuse to condemn the murder of men because they are gay, who refuse to condemn the murder of women because they are no longer sexually useful, and who blame the victims of terror for the actions of the terrorists, you on the other hand patently do support both Stop the War and the vileness for which they stand. As I said before anyone who thinks that it’s ok to throw men off towers because they are gay, is worthless and their opinion of even less worth.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/aug/13/jeremy-corbyn-labour-leadership-foreign-policy-antisemitism

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/the-stop-the-war-coalition-should-do-us-all-a-favour-and-disband-9702292.html

[/quote]

Deary me what a one-eyed view of the world you have. The independant is that left wing that they backed the conservative led coalition in the last general election.

Sheefag
    Participant

It doesn’t make it any less true though, Rocky old son.

Ferret
    Participant

Actually it’s Independent. With three “e”s.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Campaign launched to reduce motorcycle-related deaths and serious injuries in north Wales

News

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News