Don't Bomb Syria ?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Don't Bomb Syria ?

• Author

Katia
    Participant

If there is a Labour Party free vote will Wrexham MP Mr Lucas be voting in favour of UK officially carrying out air strikes in Syria ?

I hope not.

Looking at the number of missions in Syria carried out by the USA, Russia and France they seem to be on top of things without UK help.

If it isn’t absolutely crucial to put the RAF into such high risk air space – don’t do so.

The newly deployed Russian s-400 missile system is easily capable of downing the fastest jets – lets not have an accidental shooting down of one of ours.

For those that agree, The Stop The War website has an e-mail template to lobby your local MP, or why not message Mr Lucas directly on social media to make him aware of your feelings.

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/

Sheefag
    Participant

So, in essence, rely on the USA, Russia and France to do things for us? That’s rather despicable don’t you think?

I suppose you could always send that nice Mr Corbyn to sit down with Daesh over tea and buns and ask them to stop being so beastly to everyone.
    A strategy that worked so well for that lovely Mr Chamberlain.

Daave63
    Participant

Quite right She, lets sit back and wait for a major attack over here against non-militery targets. How dare normal sane people try and hit stratigic targets to eradicate ‘them’!
    Although don’t bother shutting borders, ‘they’ are already here and living next door, waiting!

Keep smiling thou! :)

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

The Stop The War group are a bunch of terrorist promoting, homophobic, mispgynist, Antisemitics.

Daave63
    Participant

[quote quote=103940]The Stop The War group are a bunch of terrorist promoting, homophobic, mispgynist, Antisemitics.

[/quote]

Come on MrsCrewe, dont hold back, you say what you think! [Nice one!]

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

I had to let it out! I’m so sick of these right on types quoting from a group who has advocated and called for the nurder of British soldiers, blamed the people of London and Paris for the terrorist attacks, who when they march chant ‘Hamas Hamas all Jews go to gas’ and who refuse to condem Hamas and other terrorist groups for throwing young gay men off towers. Last week a mass grave of woman murdered by Isis was found, they had been slaughtered because they were no longer ‘sexually useful’ to their slave masters, no condemnation from Stop the War. If you support Stop the War coalition, either you are as big a hate filled racist death worshipping nutter as they are or you are very very dumb, either way you are not a person whose opinion is worth anything.

cmaj76
    Participant

What a totally misinformed load of hate filled bile Mrs C. Not sure if you’re quoting from britains first, the daily fail or Mein Kampf.

Dave, How can any sane person want war? How is that the answer? Just remind me how we got on in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya to name but a few by bombing them to eradicate them?

I’ve never heard any anti war person blame the people of Paris or London for the atrocities there or advocate the killing of anybody?

You’re just making things up as you go along to justify your own warped of morality.

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=103946]I’ve never heard any anti war person blame the people of Paris or London for the atrocities there or advocate the killing of anybody?[/quote]

Try ‘Comment Is Free’ in The Guardian, most days of the week.

Katia
    Participant

[quote quote=103943] If you support Stop the War coalition, either you are as big a hate filled racist death worshipping nutter as they are or you are very very dumb, either way you are not a person whose opinion is worth anything.
    [/quote]

Jeremy Corbyn chair of STW until September this year is the exact opposite of a big hate filled racist death worshipping nutter.

Can we apply your description to Corbyn’s close allies ?
    Andrew Murray – National Chair of The Stop The War Coalition and Chief Of Staff Of Unite The Union.
    Len McCluskey – General Secretary of Unite The Union.
    Diane Abbott MP
    John McDonnell – Shadow Chancellor.

On BBC Wales Today Jo Stevens MP – Vice Chair Welsh Parliamentary Labour Party stated that consulting voters 98.8% don’t support air strikes in Syria.

I find that percentage hard to believe but even so, where is the public support for bombing Syria ?

Are we convinced the pro-bombing argument that RAF expertise and precision targeting of Jihadis with Brimstone missiles from Tornadoes will fill a niche and result in fewer civilian casualties ?

With regard to refugees – its only weeks ago that 1169 presumably local people signed a petition welcoming them to Wrexham.
    Holding up the “Refugees Welcome” placards outside The Guildhall may well have tempted a few to travel through Lesbos to North Wales but rightly or wrongly perhaps we should be relieved hundreds of thousands found Angela Merkel’s offer of a new life in Germany more appealing.
    With more bombing what will we do if they all see Wrexham.com and head to Wrexham instead ?

Syrian Refugee Petition With Over 1,000 Signatories Handed To Council Leader

Sheefag
    Participant

Ah yes, defenders against racism such as Dianne Abbott. Who here, like me, look back on her much misunderstood speeches such as ‘White People Love To Play Divide And Rule’ and that all time classic, ‘Black Mothers Will Go To The Wall For Their Children’?
    The same Dianne Abbott who once made the case that Chairman Mao did more “good than harm” during a debate over who was the history’s worst dictator.

I’ve neither the time nor the inclination to go into the others that you site as your inspiration other than to state that I, and others, regard them as enemies of this great country.

I’m minded of the old adage attributed to Benjamin Franklin, ‘He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas’.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News