Dogs fouling on private property ( Rules, Laws )

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Dogs fouling on private property ( Rules, Laws )

• Author

Dozydigger64
    Participant

Could someone give me their opinion or knowledge on what the rules or laws are regarding the fouling ( urinating and defecating ) on the garden and trees of a private house holder.
    Specifically can I take any action towards the owner of the dog who continually allows their dog to urinate on my trees and defecate on my lawn.

Daave63
    Participant

Looking on goggle & bung, their is no clear rule or law regarding this, all seem to be to do with public/council land.
    There is the Clean Neighbourhood and Environment Act 2005 but is quite vague, in my opinion it is the attitude of the dog owner [I have two, dogs not owners] and I always try to clean up after them when out, but I would never let them go anywhere near another person’s garden for any reason, let allow their ablutions!
    The type of person who allows this to happen obviously don’t care about you or your property so don’t care about them. Keep an eye out and have a word or put a sign up about the situation – don’t put up with it though!

Dozydigger64
    Participant

Thanks Daave63, for the info. I myself am a dog owner, and never allow my dogs to walk over anybody’s garden let alone foul on their property. A lot of the offenders seem to have their dogs on the extending lead, let out to such a degree that they have no control over their dog. A dogs lead should be short, so as to make it easy to control them and to enforce any command that the dog does not respond to, of course correct training would not not to be enforced.

In my experience it is always the dog owner that is poorly trained as to how a dog should be trained and behave. It is not the dogs fault it has fouled in a particular place, but the owners for not picking it up. Of course it is possible to train a dog “to go” on command, but most owners prefer to take the easy option when it comes to training and believe it is somehow everyoneelses problem when their dog misbehaves.

I thinkl i will take the direct approach next time i witness the fouling and confront the owner, also i know where he lives !!!.

On a side note i may contact Kingdom and ask why them to patrol my area, i guarantee their ticket rate will increase.

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=112693]
    I thinkl i will take the direct approach next time i witness the fouling and confront the owner, also i know where he lives !!!.[/quote]

Smear it under their car door handles.

Dozydigger64
    Participant

[quote quote=112739]

I thinkl i will take the direct approach next time i witness the fouling and confront the owner, also i know where he lives !!!.

Smear it under their car door handles.

[/quote]

Ooooo!!!. I did think of collecting my own urine into a plastic bottle and conveniently emptying it on his lawn.

AMA Express
    Participant

Don’t waste your time bottling yours. There are plenty of free bottles of “Spanish Cider” along the roadsides all over the country.

Daave63
    Participant

Come on now ladies, stop taking the pi55!!

Sheefag
    Participant

I would never use a bottle.

Not while there’s a letterbox handy anyway.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News