Dog Theft what can be done?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Dog Theft what can be done?

• Author

sparky1
    Participant

I’ve just read about the attempted theft of a puppy from Wrexham.
    I can’t understand why the CCTV around Wrexham can’t pick these people up, a flatbed pickup truck carrying scrap mmmmmmmm hello don’t think it would be that hard to find?
    Is there not a CCTV camera on the top of Ruthin road? Opposite the travellers camp?
    ?

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

Sadly they are the untouchables and above the law, well it seems that way..

Metalhead
    Participant

[img]http://i.imgur.com/L2Dq3Ej.jpg?1[/img]

Born Acorn
    Participant
    sparky1;19400 wrote:
    I’ve just read about the attempted theft of a puppy from Wrexham.
    I can’t understand why the CCTV around Wrexham can’t pick these people up, a flatbed pickup truck carrying scrap mmmmmmmm hello don’t think it would be that hard to find?
    Is there not a CCTV camera on the top of Ruthin road? Opposite the travellers camp?
    ?

If the map provided by the ITV twitter is right, this happened in open country up by the Moors Inn. There’s not the infrastructure for CCTV out there.

Without witness identification of the van at the scene, police can’t just go around arresting people who own flatbed vans with scrap in. There might be more than one!

Rob
    Participant

@Born Acorn 19405 wrote:

If the map provided by the ITV twitter is right, this happened in open country up by the Moors Inn. There’s not the infrastructure for CCTV out there.

On a side note on that – if you were to google the information provided Google Maps sticks the ‘dot’ bang on where their screenshot is from.

ITV Wales appear to me lazy in terms of such things, as before now they appear to have googled Caia Park and used a Wrexham.com image, and preferred to remove it rather than credit it when challenged :D

sparky1
    Participant

@Born Acorn 19405 wrote:

Without witness identification of the van at the scene, police can’t just go around arresting people who own flatbed vans with scrap in. There might be more than one!

Yes I see your point, but unless it was beamed down by Scottie they would have had to travel there somehow? they have the time,they have the place,they have the discription! and with CCTV in the garage in coedpoeth, the one at the bottom of Ruthin road, surly someone could have a look?:confused:

Bryn6
    Participant

Who is it that buy’s a dog from a Gypsy anyway? It will clearly be stolen or born to a dog that will have been bred and abused for years. It’s not about stopping dog theft but clamping down on the scum bags who occupy these funny looking caravan sites you see dotted about.

I wonder if I can book one for my holidays this year?

sparky1
    Participant

@Bryn6 19482 wrote:

Who is it that buy’s a dog from a Gypsy anyway? It will clearly be stolen or born to a dog that will have been bred and abused for years. It’s not about stopping dog theft but clamping down on the scum bags who occupy these funny looking caravan sites you see dotted about.

I wonder if I can book one for my holidays this year?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Hey sparky1 I thought the ‘scrap-dealer’ was looking to buy the dog, and sorry but this thread was about stopping dog theft!

On a separate note its about time all the authorities clamped down on ‘anyone’ not paying their way, car tax, insurance, council tax, pets etc etc…

AMA Express
    Participant

@Bryn6 19482 wrote:

Who is it that buy’s a dog from a Gypsy anyway? It will clearly be stolen or born to a dog that will have been bred and abused for years.

I think you’re missing the point. Most dogs that are stolen today are either high value pedigrees sold on to unscrupulous dealers or are being used as bait in the training of fighting dogs.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News