Dog Poo and Litter!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Dog Poo and Litter!

• Author

Sheefag
    Participant

Wrexview, that would be the pragmatic course of action that any right minded person would give their full support.
    Instead, we’ve been treated to the usual combo of gesture politics and easy profit.

Kingdom Security’s minimum wage employees will go out and persue honest and easy targets, ie; the nice people instead of the real offenders for the sake of shareholder profits, whereas the Council get themselves off the hook from their responsibilities with the very minimum of effort.

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=111346] I expect that Joe Public would pay in the end, is the druggies who leave the products of their abuse lying around. I don’t suppose for one minute that either group would be targeted.

[/quote]

Junkies tend to steal to feed their habit. They’d have to steal more to pay fines.

Daave63
    Participant

I have it on the QT from a good sauce [HP] that the council have pulled off a master stroke that Justin Willitts would have been proud of!
    The new poo & litter monitors are all part of the councils plan to claw back the money needed to make savings in the latest round of austerity cuts by the WAG. Although what Coleen & Victoria B have got to do with it I will never know – perhaps they are seen as expert consultants who know a thing or two about wasting millions, anyway before I go off the thread to my point!
    The council have recently moved the registry office into the guildhall and marriages take place there most days.
    Now, what do marriage ceremonies attract …….wasps, no bees…no, confetti you fool! YES, confetti, or put it another way, little bits of paper…..paper that is thrown over the bride & groom or the bride & bride or the groom & groom etc…etc, whichever way you butter your bread of course, YES bits of paper thrown all over the couple and also all over the floor. Q the hand Lely placed enforcement officer and bobs your uncle!
    I’m only guessing here, but I recon 1 packet of confetti contains approx. 500 small pieces of paper when contents settle, and if each tiny piece is treated as a separate littering incident at £75 a pop, would raise an estimated £37,500 per wedding! So say four a day @ £37,500 = er… £150,000 x 5 days a week x say 50 weeks a year that’s er…5 x 37…no its carry the 10, add the first number you thought of….er..no.. a lot of money…no its £37.5 million and its not even a roll over!!
    So electorate council tax payers of this borough stop whinging and look at the more positive side of poo picking and paper shifting and ask not what your council can do for you, more what you can do for this council –come on rise up and get married at the guildhall – throw your confetti in the air, get the best man to take a shit in the bandstand and what the money roll in and save the county, Hoozar!!

99DylanJones
    Participant

Brilliant bit of number crunching– if they fined at every wedding venue in Wrexham the Council could soon become the Bank of using all the surplus income to loan to other Councils who have not latched onto the income source.
    If a Council has a pack of Hounds just think how much they could get from being at the start and end of a ‘Hunt’.

Katia
    Participant

A lady from Ruthin and Denbighshire Council feature in this fact laden Daily Mail piece.

Are we to add to confetti plan that wardens deliberately leave slips in cashpoints to fine anybody that drops them on floor, fines for cherry stones dropped onto pavement, and most alarming, a fine for a non-smoker stepping on a cigarette butt and picking it from his shoe ?
    Daave63 possibly may not be entirely serious but if Secretary Of State For Environment, Food & Rural Affairs Liz Truss succeeds in raising the fines from £80 to possible £150 the council could be onto even more of a windfall – so long as they don’t lose money instead like some of the other councils in the article – on the hook for payments for tickets but not receiving any money from unpaid fines!

Credit where its due to Mr Critchley at Eagles Meadow, at least he won’t be reading any such stories about his shoppers over his cornflakes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3334402/Beware-litter-Stasi-new-scourge-High-Street-hired-councils-fine-80-dropping-shop-receipt-cherry-stone.html

Elizabeth Jones
    Participant

I thought like Dave when they brought the penalty in for litter and dog poo. Make more money to waste on un essentials. The day it started apparently they were outside supermarkets and made a killing on litter.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=111508]I thought like Dave when they brought the penalty in for litter and dog poo. Make more money to waste on un essentials. The day it started apparently they were outside supermarkets and made a killing on litter.

[/quote]

I know it sounds trivial, dropping a piece of paper or a cigarette butt, but when you look around there is litter everywhere despite bins being ready available half the time, people just throw anything through car windows, and something needs to be done, I have never knowingly dropped a piece of litter in my life, I know I am a Saint before anyone comments :)

LadyK
    Participant

Dear Daave63,

I must thank you for your altogether most hilarious and somewhat true synopsis of the current Dog Poo and Litter issue. You’ll be pleased to know that your poetically fast paced opinion gave rise to torrents of tears and gargantuan giggles in our household late last night.

Lady K

Liz Jackson
    Participant

School gate litter bugs have been caught today by Rhosymedre School- it is good that the litter brigade have started covering school gates as there is nothing worse than parents hanging around with young children being subject to smoke and then throwing stubs on the floor.
    Enforcement Officers keep up the good work.

Katia
    Participant

Reading The Leader story today and comparing it with similar situations reported previously in areas that already have these patrols begs the question, is anybody actually monitoring the numbers of dog fouling vs litter (especially cigarette stubs) “fines” to follow whether Wrexham will follow other places where the litter is the main driver NOT the dog fouling.
    Looking at an FOI request from a different council it isn’t immediately obvious whether people actually paid their fines or not. It would appear the easiest way to end this trial is for everybody in Wrexham not to pay their fines.

Accepting an oppressive ideology from politicians using uniformed enforcement with zero tolerance mandates tends not to have a happy outcome – certainly within many of our aging relatives lifetimes.
    Let us not forget.

http://www.oldleaderlivestory.co.uk/news/161815/anger-at-litter-enforcement-after-nonsense-fine-dished-out-in-wrexham.aspx

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News