Dog Poo and Litter!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Dog Poo and Litter!

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Both the new Freedom Security Officiers were lurking behind the flowerbeds outside Barclays Bank earlier, they are were dressed to blend in, rather than to stand out and be a deterrent. They will need to move further out from the town centre if they are to catch those owners who don’t clear up after their dogs !

Dave1971
    Participant

The council enforcement officers have clearly been mismanaged if only 21 tickets have been issued in 12 months. Anyone who walks their dogs daily as I do will know that with a tiny amount of effort there could be 21 tickets day being issued. That would only be targeting the blatant repeat offenders who make no attempt to clear up after their dog. So what does the council do! Does it ask the “managers” of the officers why they have not done their job? Does it investigate why this source of income is being wasted? Oh no don’t be silly they outsource it and let a company exploit their own officers offering them poor wages and conditions and cream off a huge profit leaving the council with nothing. Councillors for goodness sake people are losing their jobs and you are outsourcing one of the few functions that is self-sufficient perish the thought even profit making!!!
    Have you ever sat and thought why people who have lived in Wrexham all their lives choose to shop in Chester, Oswestry, Whitchurch, Shrewsbury in fact anywhere but Wrexham? Get off the gravy train stop patting yourself on the back you do not deserve one. The town is in freefall and you’re watching it happen. Don’t blame funding cuts they affect all authorities. Blame yourselves because all this has happened on your watch. It’s time for change and I think it needs to start at the Guildhall!!!

BenjaminM
    Participant

The real reason why only 21 tickets have been issued by the Council Enforcement Officers to dog owners is a simple one. The CEO’s for what they’re worth are more interested in slapping parking fine tickets on unsuspecting motorists rather than giving attention to other facets of their job description.
    A far more financially rewarding prospect, don’t you think?

wrexview
    Participant

How many Freedom Enforememt Officiers are employed in the County Borough now ? The photograph posted on the Wrexham.com Twitter site seems to suggest ten. Ten salaries equates to a huge number of fines!

zinger
    Participant

Personally, as a responsible dog owner, I feel that irresponsible cat owners should also be pursued. Why do people need to have more than 2 cats. I am sick & tired of picking up cat muck off my front lawn when I don’t own one.

Sheefag
    Participant

Cat’s bury theirs, it’s probably foxes.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=111170]Personally, as a responsible dog owner, I feel that irresponsible cat owners should also be pursued. Why do people need to have more than 2 cats. I am sick & tired of picking up cat muck off my front lawn when I don’t own one.

[/quote]

Good luck with pursuing cat owners :)

Daave63
    Participant

[quote quote=111170]Personally, as a responsible dog owner, I feel that irresponsible cat owners should also be pursued. Why do people need to have more than 2 cats. I am sick & tired of picking up cat muck off my front lawn when I don’t own one.

[/quote]

What ? you don’t own your front lawn?? that is shit mate.

Win
    Participant

I saw two of the Kingdom Security chappies being told where to go by a very irate gentleman on Bank Street this afternoon. I’m guessing they had spotted him dropping litter or a fag butt (he had no dog) but they certainly didn’t seem overly keen to follow him to pursue the £75.00 fine after he swore loudly and stomped off. I guess they’ll be going after ‘soft’ targets, or at least only people who won’t stand-up to them.

zinger
    Participant

What ? you don’t own your front lawn?? that is shit mate.

I knew as soon as I pressed on submit that what I had written didn’t quite make sense Daave63. I just hoped that no-one would notice. Well spotted pal.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News