Dog Poo and Litter!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Dog Poo and Litter!

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Wrexham Council have contracted Kingdom Security , a St Helens based company to issue fixed penalty tickets on their behalf to those caught leaving litter or not cleaning up after their dog. Another area of privatisation, the company are advertising jobs in Wrexham to undertake the task. If there is a profit in it for Kingdom one would have thought there would have been a bigger profit if the Council did the job themselves. Wonder what percentage of each fixed penalty the Council will see? Any Councillor already know?

jimbow
    Participant

I maybe wrong but I am led to believe it is on a percentage basis, 2 turds to the Council and 1 turd to Kingdom Security. Then again you cannot believe all you are told.

R T
    Keymaster

The numbers given were 21 tickets issued last year, however ‘depending on the agreement’ it could end up being around ‘8 tickets a day’.

I believe there will be a fee paid to Wrexham Council for the contract so there will be a benefit there, but going from 21 tickets over an entire year to doing that in three days is a huge difference.

The true stats and uplift will come in about a years time as its a 12 month pilot.

wrexview
    Participant

On the Kingdom website they are advertising three jobs for Wrexham, Senior Enforcement Officer , 40 hours per week . 5 out of 7 days , 7am-7 pm at £8.00 per hour. Followed by an Enforcement Officier same hours but £7.55 per hour with a competency allowance ! Plus an Administration Co-ordinator same hours at £8.00 per hour. So they will be looking to give a few more more than 21 tickets !

R T
    Keymaster

Yes – 21 tickets for dog fouling was the 14/15 figures!

Daave63
    Participant

What a load of crap!

KidA
    Participant

Bring it on I say. Yes, I’d prefer the Council to carry out this function but with all the cuts etc, there is no way they would create this type of role without including in it a myriad of other duties meaning the actual problem of littering and fouling would fall by the wayside.

I am sick to death of the littering and fouling throughout the area and I for one welcome this as a step in the right direction. I don’t care how much this company earn. In fact, the more the earn the better as this should mean they are penalising more of these inconsiderate people of Wrexham who think its ok to treat the fields, hedges and roadsides of Wrexham as their own personal litter bin.

Education on this subject starts with children and if you’re an adult who happily lets your dog foul or deposits the contents of your latest take-away on the roadside, then it’s too late for you so let’s hope you are one of the ones subject to this ‘zero tolerance’ approach.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=109121]Bring it on I say. Yes, I’d prefer the Council to carry out this function but with all the cuts etc, there is no way they would create this type of role without including in it a myriad of other duties meaning the actual problem of littering and fouling would fall by the wayside.

I am sick to death of the littering and fouling throughout the area and I for one welcome this as a step in the right direction. I don’t care how much this company earn. In fact, the more the earn the better as this should mean they are penalising more of these inconsiderate people of Wrexham who think its ok to treat the fields, hedges and roadsides of Wrexham as their own personal litter bin.

Education on this subject starts with children and if you’re an adult who happily lets your dog foul or deposits the contents of your latest take-away on the roadside, then it’s too late for you so let’s hope you are one of the ones subject to this ‘zero tolerance’ approach.

[/quote]

All as parks are these days are dog toilets, and it doesn’t matter that you do clean it up, the residue is still there unless it is sprayed or something, I wouldn,t let children play in parks now as they used to, toss up rolling along the grass etc. if you walk through a park without a dog you get funny looks these days!

But I suppose anything that helps in any small way can’t be bad.

pete
    Participant

Will Kingdom Security be enforcing dog control orders as well, or just giving out fines for fouling?

R T
    Keymaster

This is underway as of today!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News

Updated: Firefighters called to incident at Bryn Lane recycling centre

News

Wrexham Council first in north Wales to install men’s sanitary bins in public toilets

News

Former Debenhams store in Wrexham could become trampoline park

News

Video: Wrexham market’s historic secrets are being uncovered amid refurb

News

Competition watchdog launches investigation into £2.5 billion merger between Flintshire based Redrow and Barratt

News