Dog Left Tied To A Tree

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Dog Left Tied To A Tree

• Author

Chris
    Participant

Ok the first article, Rider left
    Ive provided new link as the original one seems broken.
    The behavior of the dog owner seems inexcusable as the exercising of dogs near other animal types is just irresponsible. Of course there could be mitigating circumstances ie dogs slipped their lead but according to the police the dog owner showed no remorse.
    The advise from the police in this article was

“If you are unsure about your dog’s behaviour then please use an extendable lead or be vigilant to the presence of other dogs.

“Be courteous to fellow dog walkers and horse riders, apply common sense and ensure you have proper control of all animals.

Even after this incident the police did not state dogs should be on leads at all times when out in public.
    Oh and of course this has nothing to do with recent news about children getting bitten.

In the second article the police state it was a pit bull type dog which of course is illegal now in the UK back in 1991 when the dangerous dog act came into force all these pit bull type dogs should either have destroyed or neutered. There is no defense for this dog attack but I question the reason for using this article as it does not prove exercising dogs is dangerous, because type of dog should no longer be in existence in the UK.

Here is the governments advice on controlling your dog in public

1. Overview

It’s against the law to let a dog be dangerously out of control:

in a public place
    in a private place where the dog isn’t allowed to be (eg a neighbour’s house or garden without permission)

The law applies to all dogs.

Some types of dogs are banned.
    Out of control

Your dog is considered dangerously out of control if it:

injures someone
    makes someone worried that it might injure them

A court could also decide that your dog is dangerously out of control if:

it injures someone’s animal
    the owner of the animal thinks they could be injured if they tried to stop your dog attacking their animal

A farmer is allowed to kill your dog if it’s worrying their livestock.
    Penalties

You can be fined up to £5,000 and/or sent to prison for up to 6 months if your dog is out of control. You may also not be allowed to own a dog in the future.

If you let your dog injure someone, you can be sent to prison for up to 2 years and/or fined.

If you deliberately use your dog to injure someone you could be charged with ‘malicious wounding’. The maximum penalty is 5 years in prison.

No mention at all about dogs being on a lead.
    https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public

Wrexham councils dog control orders states dogs should be on a lead in applicable land which will be sign posted.

Legislation
    Wrexham County Borough Council Dog Control Orders 2009

From 27th July 2009 the following Dog Control Orders will apply within the County Borough of Wrexham.

A Dog Fouling Order will be in force across the whole of the County Borough to allow action to be taken where people allow their dogs to foul and fail to remove the waste forthwith.
    A Dog Exclusion Order will apply to
    Fenced Children’s Play Areas
    The Playing Areas of marked sports pitches
    Bowling Greens

This Order requires that dogs be excluded entirely from the areas listed above.

A Dogs on Lead by Direction Order to all applicable land allowing an Authorised Officer to instruct owners to place and keep a dog on a lead when necessary.

Offences committed contrary to any of the said Orders carry a maximum penalty upon conviction of a fine not exceeding level 3 (currently £1,000). Offences can also be dealt with by a fixed penalty notice of £75. There are exceptions for assistance dogs.

Signs will be in place at all key areas to inform the public of the effect of these Orders.

Metalhead
    Participant

@Chris 10488 wrote:

Sorry meant I had not read the article not your self as you had included a smiley i took your comment in that manner :D

Ah..right..sorry! :o

When I’m at that mining exhibition tomorrow I’ll ask if they have any nice big rocks that I can crawl under!

Iceman
    Participant

Once again, qouting things that I did not say and then arguing against them. Also, you seem to be saying that because one of the articles I read was about an adult, then it has no relevence? Do dogs distinguish then between children and adults and only attack adults then? How do they know? Plus despite your ‘extensive research’ you are still unable to find the Council advice about leashing dogs. It is there. Seek and ye shall find.

zinger
    Participant

Enough said. Faults on all sides, Agree to differ. Shake hands & make friends metaphorically speaking as it is not worth falling out about. Iceman obviously doesn’t own a dog. I don’t think that either of you would own a status symbol dog because you both appear to be macho enough without having to own a pitbull.

Iceman
    Participant

I wonder if we will get an answer about all the guide dogs that are being attacked by other dogs being exercised off their leads and also who the new signature is aimed at if anybody. Plus, what about tbe dog that killed all those sheep.

Iceman
    Participant

Iceman wins!

Chris
    Participant

Erm :rolleyes:

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

“Lots of Wrexham routes make perfect sense for review” – Ken Skates on 20 MPH

News

Eisteddfod proclamation on Saturday will be ‘full of colour’

News

“Constructive” meeting over odour complaints at Hafod landfill

News

Hundreds facing cancer treatment delays as waiting times hit second-worst on record

News

Thrilling new water park to waves in North Wales seaside town

News

Nationwide ban on wet wipes containing plastic set to be introduced

News