Does anybody work for MoneyPenny ?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Does anybody work for MoneyPenny ?

• Author

RepeatOffender
    Participant

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could give me a little bit of info on MoneyPenny.

From what I have read they seem like a really progressive company which values it staff, the company also seems to be going places based on recent press reports.The main issue I have is that the basic salary isn’t great but that wouldn’t bother me if there was a realistic chance of progression within the company. Could anyone confirm this ?

I have a much better paid job currently, but it’s not a job I enjoy or in an industry I want to stay in. So I was wondering if anyone had some insight before I jump ship!

Thanks in advance

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

I’ve attended one of their recruitment mornings which is basically a fancy name for a group interview. I was unsuccessful, despite having worked in offices answering phones and inputting data since I was a teenager. You get to watch the staff at work as part of the process and to be honest it’s not hard, you could train up most people to do it, but I got the impression they wanted a particular type of personality and were very inflexible about that. I KNOW that I could do that job but didn’t get a chance to prove it.

RepeatOffender
    Participant

Many thanks for the reply WG.

I’m sorry you didn’t get the job. :(

Did you get an idea of the likelihood of promotion and was it predominantly woman applying ?

Many thanks

Sianiflewog
    Participant

I worked for Moneypenny for nearly 9 years, it was a fantastic company to work for. There is lots of scope for progression through the company and inter department roles are always advertised internally first. There is the opportunity to work overtime regularly to boost your wages and the opportunity to apply to work in the New Zealand office for 6 months.

It is right that they value a certain type of personality though as although it may seem that most people could be trained to do the job the company are selling a personal service, their reputation is built on client relationships so they have to consider whether you would be a good fit. It is not simply a case of ‘just answering the phones’.

Moneypenny treat their staff extremely well and value employees as individuals I would recommend them to anyone.

RepeatOffender
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Sianiflewog, much appreciated. :)

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

Sorry, to bump up this thread but I’ve noticed that MoneyPenny are recruiting again. I wonder if there is any point in me applying again? Would they consider hiring a person whom they’ve previously rejected?

madhatter
    Participant

Hi,
    They’ve scheduled me in for a telephone interview tomorrow. I surprised to even get a reply because they are inundated with applications every time their advertise a post.
    They seem like such a good company to work for because of their ethos so I would be thrilled with the role. So I was just wondering what does the telephone interview entail and if you’re successful with that do you then go to a group interview?

I would be so thankful if anyone could help!!

wrexhamnew2016
    Participant

My partner works for moneypenny

and its a good company to work for but other posts are right they do have there way and will not think twice of getting rid of you after few weeks if they do no see you adapting to them

also dont expect you holidays when you want them its impossible to get saturdays off and when you start ur last pick of holidays so you work round others

as for promotions i do belive its inhouse first and goes on time at company but i could not confirm this

as for pay i am told you get £1000 a year rise for every year ur there but only for 1st 3 years so basic would be 19,000 after 3 year again i dunno if this is true or not

gcd
    Participant

I don’t work for Moneypenny but they are currently number 4 on The Sunday Times Best Companies to Work for in the UK. See http://www.b.co.uk which is the website of Best Companies Limited who research and produce the list and who also have an Accreditation system for companies with high levels of employee engagement. As it happens, Best Companies Limited is also a local company based in Llay.

steveg
    Participant

Moneypenny is always touted as a successful company in Wrexham. But what proportion of the staff actually LIVE in Wrexham?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News

Updated: Firefighters called to incident at Bryn Lane recycling centre

News

Wrexham Council first in north Wales to install men’s sanitary bins in public toilets

News

Former Debenhams store in Wrexham could become trampoline park

News

Video: Wrexham market’s historic secrets are being uncovered amid refurb

News