Do you have a community project we can help with?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Do you have a community project we can help with?

• Author

Moz
    Participant

do1thing-e1319118171331.png

Next year from the 14th-20th May is Scout Community Week.

Scouts across Wrexham will be on hand to help with community projects such as painting over graffiti, clearing an area of weeds and rubbish, or adopting a town monument to keep it clean. A list of other ideas is available here.

Do you have an idea for a project we could help with?

Bugsy
    Participant

I like this. I can’t think of anything at the moment but I would like something to do with nature.

These I like:

Make bird feeders for public places.
    Create a habitat for wildlife.
    Create a children’s nature garden, labelling plants and trees and scheduling guided tours.

Don’t mean to sound like a grump but the cleaning of places is where the council’s come in. I would rather the Scout’s get noticed in something that will make a future impact like things with nature, cleaning roadsides or beaches is something that needs doing everyday due to lazy people not binning their rubbish. Keep it up!

Moz
    Participant

Anyone else got anything. Surprised that nobody but Bugsy can think of something in their community that needs sorting!

Rob
    Participant

Have just tweeted this to raise some awareness :)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News