Disrespectful Neighbours

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Disrespectful Neighbours

• Author

Cassies Mum
    Participant

Hi. Can anyone offer me some advice please? I live in Llay and a few months ago we got new neighbours on a Saturday. On the Sunday we had to ask him twice within one hour to move his car from across our drive because we couldn’t get our cars out. Now every other week he has visitors to his house and they keep doing it too. We have asked him to tell his friends not to do it and nothing is being done. His attitude is we should just knock on his door when we want to go out. But why should we have to ask permission to leave our own home and go about our business at the weekend? Will the police do anything or do we need to go to someone else for help? Any advice would be great.

AMA Express
    Participant

Despite what you may think, unless the cars are uninsured (that includes having no valid RFL or MOT) they’re not breaking the law. It’s something you’ve got to resolve with him/them.

Cassies Mum
    Participant

It is against the law. I have spoke to the police since I posted this thread. It is in the highways law 2004 that obstructing someone’s driveway is called willfull obstruction and he can have his car towed away.

AMA Express
    Participant

It’s only willful if they are parking there with the express idea of upsetting you and refuse to move it, and in your original post you say that he will move it when you ask.

Huw
    Participant

In my opinion involving the police will just escalate the matter, your neighbour will just go and find another way of annoying you instead. Sounds like you just have a very awkward neighbour.

Cassies Mum
    Participant

The police told me that the next time it happens to ring them and an officer will come and issue a fixed penalty fine. That’s good enough for me. They won’t do it again.

Danielkg
    Participant

Stick a sign up. If that doesn’t work get some cones

zinger
    Participant

It’s bad manners.

James Logan
    Participant

@Big H 14097 wrote:

In my opinion involving the police will just escalate the matter, your neighbour will just go and find another way of annoying you instead. Sounds like you just have a very awkward neighbour.

@Danielkg 14102 wrote:

Stick a sign up. If that doesn’t work get some cones

I agree with both of those, maybe you could get a sign up that says “NO PARKING, DRIVEWAY INCONSTANT USE”
    Or you could take a page out of the Axel Foley rulebook and invoke the good old banana up the tail pipe maneuver ;-)

Good luck getting it sorted.

wid9999
    Participant

A slightly difficult conversation I appreciate, but how about just telling / asking him as you feel it is too much?!
    I completely agree with your issue and I would take action too. But sometimes just talking helps.
    It has to be a better first line approach rather than signs and police.
    If I was the neighbour I would appreciate that more than going directly to the actions you are discussing.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

MMA Event coming to north east Wales this weekend!

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans for new studio flat above Wrexham fast food restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News